It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 6, 2024

Appointment and Missing Something.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Since we didn’t have to go anywhere this morning, I just lay in bed relaxing, even though body aches were telling not to. A twinge here, a jab there, until it became unbearable. I’d barely made it to the bedroom door when Kathy nearly jumped out of bed, because she had an appointment today. She relaxed when I reminded her, it wasn’t until this afternoon.

We enjoyed both our breakfast as well as lunch along with a few chores thrown in for good measure. Kathy took the Trash down to the Chute past the Elevators, while I brought the Recycle out to the Bins. With Contractors parked close to the rear entrance and the Recycling Company due to empty the Bins, they had been moved closer to the front of the building, adding a lot more steps than I felt like making. I needed to sit for a few minutes when I got back upstairs.

With everything cleaned up we headed out shortly before 2:00. We were surprised at the ease of getting onto Riverside Drive at that time of day. We stayed on the Drive all the way to Manning Road in Tecumseh. The traffic just flowed and before we knew it we had arrived at Kathy’s Rheumatologist Office. After he talked with Kathy, I brought up what our Pharmacist had said about taking the Blood Tests before taking the Pills, to which he agreed. When I told him the Lab was following his instructions to a tee, and would not use Twenty-Eight Days as a Month. He only shook his head in disbelief and raised an open hand in an upward gesture. He said we were doing well and we’ll be back in Nine Weeks.

We went to Dollarama to pick up supplies that we had not gotten before the weekend. Imagine my surprise, as we approached the Cashier to find that, I was missing something. I had left my Wallet at home. I never keep it in my pocket in the Apartment and had walked right by it, on the way out the door. Thankfully Kathy had her Bank Card to our account, so we didn’t come home empty handed.

Instead of doing more shopping, we headed for home. It didn’t take long to have everything put away, but as I was reading Blogs it felt like I was about to nod off. When Kathy mentioned that she needed a Snap (short nap), I got up to walk around. When she opened her eyes, I was serving supper, just before the 6 o’clock Local News started. We enjoyed Grilled Italian Sausage, Acorn Squash for supper and Watermelon for dessert.

We have a busier day tomorrow, along with more stops.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but a saying. In other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday.

Alexander Pope, Poet

1 comment: