It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Making Progress On Fulltiming But BIG Problem With Computer.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Looking out the window this morning the sun was shining brightly but people in the parking lot were all busy trying to scrape the heavy frost off their car windows. We’d finished eating breakfast by 8:30 and as soon as I’d finished my morning reading I busied myself trying to set up the new laptop.

Stopping for lunch and seeing the sun still shining we knew we had to take advantage of it because rain is in the forecast for the next few days. After loading the boxes that Kathy had packed up yesterday along with a few other things into the truck we headed over to Guardian Storage and our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. We managed to have everything stored away within minutes and we were soon on our way to Walmart to get some walking exercise and get a few more grocery items to hold us over.

We were back at the apartment shortly after 4:30 and with the temperature outside still comfortable enough to fire up the Weber Q. I grilled up some nice spare ribs that we’d picked up at Walmart to go with a butternut squash that Kathy cooked up inside. Supper was delicious and we were happy with what we ate.

This is where something terribly went wrong. After separating the files into the appropriate places in the laptop I set it to backup on the external hard drive while we were having supper. Somehow all those documents I’ve spent a number of years creating have all disappeared. I’ve searched the hard drive and the laptop both and I am unable to find them. The laptop suddenly will not connect to the internet either. I’ll have to see if someone can find my files for me on Monday. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Do not throw pearls to swine.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. So sorry to read about your files. I am sure you tried to restart the computer. Sometimes that will get it working correctly again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say "you set it to backup on the external hard drive". If that task, in fact, completed have you tried the "restore your files from backup" command to see what happens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete