It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 6, 2015

Chores, Research And Solar Panels Ready.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Since the outside temperature was supposed to stay at a comfortable level last night we thought that we’d sleep with the window slightly ajar again. That would prove to be a major mistake that we’d later regret. Shortly after midnight the wind started to pick up causing a high pitched whistling sound but we were able to roll over and go back to sleep but an hour later the wind gusts got to the point that the windows were rattling. That did it and Kathy got up to close the windows however even then the wind was still strong enough to rattle the windows that were latched shut. Was it any wonder that we both slept until nearly 8:00 this morning and that we continued to drag the remainder of the day.
After breakfast and a brief stint reading at the computers we both had chores to take care of. Kathy set the Crockpot up to slow cook a lovely beef roast with all the fixings before going back to do more research on the computer. I had a week’s worth of laundry to take care of. Normally it’s not busy in the laundry room on Fridays but today seemed to be the exception. Once the clothes were in the dryer I finished my morning reading and had lunch before going back to fold the clothes.
When I returned with the folded clothing Kathy was struggling with the latest version of Map-Quest which has seen practically a total makeover. I set myself up on the tarp in the living room where I proceeded to make the adjustments to the frames for the solar panels. Even then it wasn’t until after I’d mounted the panels that I noticed another issue. I was once again out on the balcony with both sets of panels and within a half hour had everything good to go.
The Crockpot did a great job of making dinner and everything tasted wonderful. The weather forecast on the 6 o’clock News showed that our temperatures are starting to drop to the point that the night-time lows will dip below the freezing mark this weekend. That will give us a chance to use our new bedcover to help us stay toasty warm. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken in
North Carolina.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

It permanently says "wash me" in the dirt on your truck.

4 comments:

  1. Get those solar panels installed now with a good controller and all will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on Mapquest the other day and it was AWFUL, I thought. I couldn't get it to show me street names, it wouldn't give me any detail in the area I wanted. I closed it and went to Googlemaps, which I've never liked much. Yesterday I went back to Mapquest and found a button that brought me back to the original Mapquest screen. The new one might be lots better, but I still like the original maps, and was really happy to see I have an option. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Importamos y comercializamos baterias de litio desde 20Ah hasta 200Ah 12V LIFEPO4 para telecomunicaciones, proyectos de energia renovables

    ReplyDelete