It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2014

More Cleaning and Finished Another Project.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Even though I was tired from not sleeping the best the other night and we were sleeping with the window ajar last night it turned out to be one of the worst night’s sleep that I’ve had in a long time. After laying awake for over an hour I went to do some reading on the computer. When I’m not in bed Kathy senses that and her quality of sleep is also affected. By the time I started feeling tired enough to sleep I still layed in bed awake for another hour. Of course when you don’t sleep when you are supposed to your body makes you sleep in to compensate for the lost sleep. It was like an alarm went off that woke the both of us at 9:45 this morning.  We have never slept in this late before! 

After a light breakfast and very little time at the computers I was scrambling to close up the workshop that I had set up in the living room. I had to pack up the containers that would be stored in the basement of the trailer. Kathy once again made a light lunch for us consisting of grilled cheese sandwiches that really hit the spot. 

Kathy then helped me by opening doors while I carried the trailer cart down the stairways and when we got to the truck reached through to safely guide it on the backseat for transporting it. On the way back to the apartment we used one of the shopping carts downstairs in the building to load the containers and other things that needed to be brought to the truck and returned to the trailer. 

It was nearly 1:30 before we left but we had a stop to make before going to the trailer. We stopped at our friends Kathie and Ross’s where a few weeks ago I had measured their cabinets where the doors were pulling the screws out of the soft wood trim. Even though Ross is still recovering from his heart attack he was there giving me nails and screws while I installed oak trim to the cabinet. I needed to do a few adjustments due to the close proximity of drawer glides but luckily I had my oscillating tool in the truck which made shorter work of the adjustment than if I’d had to use a file. They were extremely happy with the repairs and that their kitchen is now looking more normal. 

It was nearly 4:30 when we left and Kathy and I were starting to feel hungry and there was still more work to do so we stopped at Taco Bell for a couple of tacos each to eat. Kathy had noticed that she had been starting to have a head ache but that it went away after we ate. 

Our next stop was the storage yard and the trailer. After I turned the power on Kathy spread the slides out. While she did that I was unloading the containers from the truck. Once she was ready she helped me unload the cart and bring it into the trailer. She busied herself putting away the linens and towels that we had also brought from the apartment while I repacked the basement. I then had to drill holes in the breadbox that I recently made for the trailer so I could mount the new weather gauges on it. It was past 6:30 by the time we got back to the apartment. 

As we tried to watch the local news the Satellite signal kept kicking out due to an upcoming overnight storm. With that we went to the computers and I truly appreciated the comments about the water/bookshelf cart. It feels good to start getting ready for our departure earlier than we did last year. 

There’s still more cleaning to do around the apartment but it is nice having our living room back. Tomorrow is another day and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Consistency: It's only a virtue if you're not a screw-up.

Demotivators

No comments:

Post a Comment