It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Trailer Work, Fire and Lacrosse.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Even though we had a pleasant visit at Matthew’s birthday party we both seemed to have a night of restless sleep. We still managed to be awake early but we felt dragged out. 

After the usual breakfast and computer reading Kathy was back to researching places to stay and things to do but for time away in Ontario this summer. With the gloomy looking skies outside and the forecast for morning showers I went back to creating Tutorial files for Kathy. When you copy them you then have to save each picture individually before inserting them into the file. Even then I had to readjust their sizing and where they appeared. 

The sky was starting to clear by 11:00 and my eyes were starting to cross so I went for a walk to retrieve the mail. When I returned Kathy had started making lunch. Even though it was early that helped me change my train of thought. 
Our new Breadbox.
Shortly after eating I was on my way to the trailer while Kathy chose to stay at the apartment. With less than two weeks before Kathy and I head out on a short trip in Ontario I need to start getting things put together. I needed to open the trailer and windows so that I had room to move and air to breath. The next thing was I had to start tearing things apart and rerouting wires and plumbing. I first installed the breadbox before removing the oven. This opened up the space I had to work which was good for moving the propane line without kinking it. Kathy called to let me know it was time to come home for supper at 3:30 giving me only a half hour to secure things and close up the trailer before heading home. As I was walking in the door Kathy was serving supper. After doing the dishes I badly needed a shower to freshen up. 
Kathy didn't like that her oven was missing.

We spent only minutes on the computers before leaving for Forest Glade Arena. Our Grandson Tyler’s Lacrosse team was in the playoffs tonight so we couldn’t miss that for the world. On our way we stopped at the trailer so I could show Kathy what I’d accomplished. Her first reaction was a shriek when she saw her oven missing from its spot in the counter. 

We also stopped at McDonalds to pick up soft drinks to bring to the game. As we approached there was black smoke filling the air to the point it was getting hard to see where you were driving.  Suddenly there were fire trucks coming from every direction. Before we could leave traffic was backing up and flames were shooting from the roof of the old bumper factory. 

Tyler in Red Jersey on left after game.
Team getting their Medals.
Tyler third from right in back row.
Tyler had been moved from the green team a couple of weeks ago to the red team to be in the playoffs. The game kept you on the edge of your seat. Tyler managed three goals and an assist. The final score was 8-7 with the red team winning the division. First and Second place teams were all given medals according to their standing. 

Matthew and Tyler our two Sportsmen.
Smoke over the trees from the fire.
Leaving the arena we could still see smoke from the fire filling the air. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

The husband is always the last to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment