It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Big Changes.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

This morning I woke just before 8:00 feeling totally refreshed and within a few minutes later Kathy followed me into the dining room. The fact that I’m waking up fewer times throughout the night means that I’m not tossing and turning which means not only am I sleeping better but so is Kathy. There is now no doubt that my old CPAP machine was long past due being replaced. 

After our breakfast of coffee and Ego Waffles we immediately headed for the computers. The last few days Kathy has been having a pop up that was showing on her computer and filling over half the screen. We couldn’t get rid of it because there was no way to close it down but we could make it disappear for a while by rebooting the computer. This morning it just wouldn’t go away. 

After lunch we headed out to the west end of Windsor to see some of the changes that have been taking place in the area and to walk around some of the larger stores. We walked in Canadian Tire and then the new X-S Cargo that opened in the old Zellers building. Kevin and Melissa have asked us recently if we had gone to the new Fred’s Produce Stand since the highway expansion forced him to relocate. We were surprised when we walked in to a larger store with more parking than he used to have They are now carrying more stock allowing them to compete with the larger grocery chain stores. We treated ourselves to a few more seasonal fruits and vegetables that are locally grown. The cost was very reasonable as well. 

Since it has been quite a while that we had driven down Huron Line we took a ride. There is major road construction that has been taking place in preparation for a new International Bridge that will help the flow of trade between Canada and the United States. If there had been no signs erected for streets we used to drive on we would have driven right by them. It looks and feels like we were in the Toronto district of Ontario or some major Metropolis in the US not like Windsor. It was all foreign to us and the engineering reports say the project is less than twenty-five percent completed just on these roadways. 
Back at the apartment I swapped laptops with Kathy because the problem wasn’t allowing her to use her machine. On the pop-ups I noticed it advertising E-games so I checked her programs to find it was on her computer. I knew I had not installed it and when asked she said she didn’t install it so I set out to delete it. After an hour I was finally able to totally get rid of it and now her computer is working the way it is supposed to. It was labelled to be part of the Norton Antivirus program. I don’t think so! 

The weather forecast for today was calling for rain and just after we got home the skies opened up for a short while but will bring more rain throughout the night. For supper Kathy made Tomato Cheese Soup using tomatoes we purchase at Fred’s Produce this afternoon. 

Tomorrow’s temperatures will be below normal so we’ll shut off the AC and do some local touring. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You call your boss "dude."

3 comments:

  1. Those kind of computer problems threaten what little hair I have left:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer problem can really be nuisance, I have very little of that stuff now, since I got my Mac Book pro 4 years ago.
    I just found PC and windows frustrating and slow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate your comments on my blog. I read your well-written posts daily and enjoy them a great deal.

    ReplyDelete