It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tired of Waiting.

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

If I would have had to go to work this morning I'd have been late. We went to bed at our normal time last night. Woke through the night and fell back to sleep the same as usual but slept in. Suddenly it dawned on me that I woke at my normal time but had moved the clocks ahead for Daylight Savings Time.


While we had our breakfast we watched the Frost melting from the car windows in the parking lot. We also noted that the forecasted high for today had been raised since yesterday. That made making the choice of what we were doing this afternoon very easy. Hitchitch + Things to do on the trailer = time to Get'er Done.


Kathy was leary of the cool weather but right after lunch we headed over to the storage yard and opened the trailer and all the slides. It only took a few moments to realize her reluctance was fear of her hitchitch. Once she was inside she started reorganizing the shelves with some of the new things we had purchased for the trailer.

Myself I had one simple goal in mind. In the rear bedroom the manufacture had installed two media storage drawers. My question was if you have grandchildren or another couple with you where would they place their clothes while travelling. The media drawers had a depth of 8-3/4" but the cabinet had a open cavity of 17". Gee I wonder how I can create storage.


After prying Kathy out and closing the trailer we headed over to the Home Depot. I priced ready made drawers that were either too small or too big which I would have to cut down to make fit. The prices were rediculously high so having my table saw  at my son's I went looking at furniture grade materials & figured out the costs with a tube of Cabinet Makers Glue for half the cost of one drawer that will be made the proper size the first time out.

Kathy's already dreaming Road Trip.
We headed over to the Devonshire Mall to do some additional walking and to people watch. By the time we got home the Temperature had reached 65 F (18.5 C) and people were just loving it. This must be a teaser right or is Spring really arriving in 9 days. Be Safe and Enjoy!
Kathy's Teaser Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie
No sugar and Frozen Yogurt
  It's about time.

Krackers

You might be a Redneck if

You have a family portrait

by a tattoo artist.

2 comments:

  1. Rick I've got to know, is watching frost melt off the car the northern equivalent of watching grass grow? Looks like you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least they're "full extension" drawer slides. I ended up taking out and replacing every single drawer in the motorhome that we once owned. Just couldn't handle the cr*p they had installed. Mind you, I'm a pretty good "beginner" when it comes to woodworking, so it was easy-peasy. AND meant for way more storage.
    Good luck with your choices. It's always fun to make these kinds of changes.

    ReplyDelete