It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Made Up For Yesterday.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog, I really had to look around for things to do at work and most had nothing to do with welding. Today everything had to do with welding, and I could not keep up.

After adding more weld to an Auger from yesterday, I was assigned the repair of its mate that the Machinists on the CNC Mill had made short as well as taking too much off the diameter. Anyone that does not know it, if you take too much material off metal and you know how to weld, it can be replaced.

I squeezed in Five Small Touch-Ups along with spending over Six Hours rebuilding the Auger. Co-workers were teasing me that they could cook a steak on it, because of the heat being emitted. Even though my T-shirt was soaking wet when I left at 3:30 my day was far from over.

After a quick call to Kathy, while I crawled along in Rush-Hour Traffic, she was able to meet me downstairs when I drove up to the building. Our first stop was Guardian Storage where we picked up the Mail, then we picked up the Mattress we had taken from the Trailer.

With the traffic continuing to crawl along, we stopped at Burger King for our supper. By the time we finished, traffic was thinning but we got stopped by a Freight Train.

Our destination was our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s house in Amherstburg. This Mattress, which is in perfect shape, will replace the thinner one they have in their Travel Trailer. We also enjoyed visiting for over an Hour, before I started feeling tired from my long day.

Even though tomorrow should be a normal day, it will turn into a long one.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your home has more miles on it than your car.

1 comment:

  1. I've had trouble commenting because the recaptcha won't connect, got it finally.

    ReplyDelete