It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 29, 2023

Changes.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though the government lifted the Coronavirus Restrictions over a Year ago, at Windsor Feedscrew, Mile continued to check everyone’s temperature at the start of the shift. Today, when we went in to be checked, everyone was told it was no longer happening. Guess that makes it official.

Since I had finished the Ten Inch Bearing on Friday, and this is the slow time of year, I was helping others between small welding jobs. I would end up doing repairs and touch-ups to Six Feedscrews and One Auger. On my Time Sheet they added up to less then Two Hours of welding, but any time Mile saw me helping others and cleaning the PTA area, he just kept going and never said a word.

There was one thing that did not change and that was the intensity of Pain in my Leg. Even though the problem is in the Hip, it reflects down my Leg itself. When it came time to leave at the end of the shift, I struggled to get in the Truck.

When I got home, the thought of sitting to relax a bit was on my mind, but before I could check the local weather report, my eyes closed for nearly Fifteen Minutes.

Kathy had been able to get her Prescriptions that she ran out of on the weekend. That happened due to the Ontario Provincial Government passing legislation that any new prescriptions would only be given as a Thirty Day Supply. That way if the patient had a Reaction to the medications, the cost was less, and there were less Opioid Overdoses from some of the pills in people’s possession. Once we are certain Kathy will continue using those Heart Medications, I will work with the Pharmacy to get them to the same renewal date. It could take a Year to accomplish but it is easier that way.

Kathy had also been busy. Using the Crock Pot, she had cooked up a Chicken and Potatoes for supper. She also added Peas as a side, while I added Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) as our drink. The meal was delicious, with plenty of Leftovers for addition meals.

Tomorrow could be busy after I get off work.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call a book about the brain?


A mind reader!

1 comment:

  1. I have had pains in my legs over the years, with no obvious cause, and upon going to a chiroprator, I found that I had a disc that had some of the cushioning between discs squeezing out and pushing on my sciatic nerve, which is in the near vicinity. We did some stretching that caused the material between the discs retract some, not pressing on the sciatic nerve any more, and the pain went away. I got one of those inversion machines and any time I do something to my back that causes that disc to ooze out a little, I get on the machine for a few days and it goes away.

    Might be worth a visit to a good chiro and see what they say. That sciatic nerve can cause extreme pain anywhere in the lower body, and there is actually nothing wrong, there is just pressure on that nerve somewhere. You sound like you make have some of this. Worth checking out.

    My worst one was when it felt like someone had their fingers under my kneecap and trying to pull it off. Not fun, but the chiro made it go away and I could walk more than 50 feet without sitting down (which relaxed the pressure on the nerve somewhat) for a few minutes before I could continue. That sciatic nerve can be a bitch.

    KennyD

    ReplyDelete