It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Another Welder/Fitter and Change Of Plans.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though there was nothing planned early this morning I was up by 7:30 and had barely gotten things ready for breakfast when Kathy would join me. We finished the last of the Rhubarb Sauce on Toast before heading to the Computers.

It was surprising that with such moderate weather there were no signs of the Contractors anywhere in the parking lot even though there is still more work to be done.

After reviewing the Job Ads I was still laughing to myself that Paul was again looking for another Welder/Fitter to replace me so I called my friend Ivan. The North American Auto Makers are still being affected by the Chip Shortage. When that happens it also affects the number of hours being worked at the Plant. Paul had everyone take the Canadian Victoria Day Holiday off last Monday. While I was there we only had the American Holidays off. Getting back to the job the other Welder left last weekend and they had a new guy in for Two Days before he quit. Ivan and his family are doing well.

We kept lunch simple with Italian Wedding Soup along with Grapes and Yogurt Cups for dessert.

Once the Dishes were cleaned up and the Trash/Recycle taken downstairs we headed out the door.

Kathy wanted to walk around Walmart for some exercise. I dropped her at the door before parking. That gave her a head start so it would be easier on my Hip. We met over by the Grocery Section where we picked up more Veggies and a few Pastries to help see us through the beginning of the week.

A quick stop at Dollarama helped us get a few supplies that we needed as well as a Clear Plastic Compartment Bin that I’ll use for sorting that mess of Pills/Vitamins from the Nightmare Crash the other night. I lucked out finding one with Eighteen Compartments.

We headed over to Canadian Tire where I found a Shelf that I’ll modify to alter our Toilette Cabinet. The One I got the other day would take too much work so I’ll simply return it. I almost left before realizing I needed a Handsaw and Wood Screws to finish the job. Both were “On-Sale”. Lucky us.

Even though The Weather Network showed we only reached a high of 75 F (24 C) today it was warm enough that we stopped at McDonald’s and purchased their Peach/Mango Smoothies to cool us down. They really did the trick, they were quite tasty and they were only $2.00 each.

I stayed in the Car while Kathy went in Fabricland to get some fasteners she needed.

I was surprised that there were so many purchases today we once again used our Folding Two Wheel Shopping Cart to haul it all up to the Apartment. Once the groceries were put away it was very simple to sort the Medication/Vitamins using the Compartment Bin. It made the job quick and easy.

For supper we had Sauteed Potato Slices, Asparagus and Salmon Fillets topped off with a slice of Vanilla Cake that followed us home. We also enjoyed some Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) as a relaxing beverage.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported on the Provincial Election that will be done next week.

After doing the Dishes for the second time today we settled in reading more of the Blogs we follow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Two cows are sitting in a field when one says to the other, “So how about that mad cow disease? Scary stuff right?”

The other cow replies, “Terrifying but what do I care? I’m a helicopter.”

4 comments:

  1. They were lucky you stayed as long as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of two explanations for the welder situation. Either those who came after you and quit were smarter than you. Or you are a stubborn person and don't give up easily? Which is it??? I'm betting on you don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a stubborn person and works hard and he doesn't give up easily on anything he does! One of the traits that I love about him! He has many more loveable traits as well! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely need to give yourself a huge pat on the back for lasting as long as you did. I and I am certain that your other blog readers are glad that you finally left. He needs to hire at least three people to replace you.

    ReplyDelete