It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 11, 2020

Chores, Errands and Remembering 9-11.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

This has made Three Days in a row that I was in such a deep state of sleep from the increased pressure setting on my CPAP Machine that I slept past 8:00 in the morning. To some that know I’m Retired they feel it should not matter to me and possibly they are right. What I feel is that when I think about my Father waking me before 7:00 every morning including his days off as I was growing up no matter what the weather partially makes me feel that way. I also look at the days when our kids were sick enough we had to take them to the Hospital and I stayed awake waiting to bring them home. When my late wife had Cancer or when Kathy was in Hospital and I only had an Hour of sleep if I was lucky before carrying on. It just seems hard to get past that feeling and learn to relax.
Kathy needed extra sleep this morning so I had already checked The Weather Network and the local news in the Windsor Star. I was just starting to check my E-mails when Kathy made her way out of bed. Breakfast was simply Cereal with our hot drinks back at the Computers.
Morning Tempature.
We discussed needing to do a grocery run for the supplies we needed after lunch. Once our morning chores and reading were finished we worked together to do just that. While I made the Herb Chunky Chicken Soup and Tea Kathy busied herself making our dessert plates of Cookies, Grapes and Chocolate Pudding Cups. It wasn’t over the top but was satisfying.
It was after 1:00 when we headed out the door. It was only 61 F (16 C) at that point with a Northeast breeze and Kathy needed her jacket to keep her shoulders from getting cold.

Our first stop was Guardian Storage to collect our Mail before heading over to Motor City Community Credit Union to get a roll of Loonies for the next time we do laundry.
From there it was a short drive over to Dollarama where we started getting some of the things on our Grocery List. As I have said before what we pick up there basically saves the same amount Dollar for Dollar what we spend if we had bought it at the grocery store.
We still needed to go to Zehr’s grocery store for Produce, Meats and Frozen Foods that were not available at Dollarama.

By the time we were ready to head for home we were in the middle of Rush-Hour Traffic so we drove across the road to Staples. They are the only store that carries the replacement Calendars for our Day-Planner. Yes we still use a planner because we can quickly see things well in advance and we are familiar with it. We just can’t seem to do that with our Cell Phones. While Kathy stayed in the Car I went in to find it.

That was when our daughter Rose called to tell us about her latest Ultra Sound. Everything looks good but it appears she’ll be having a C-Section mostly because of her age in about Three Weeks. I let her talk to Kathy and was pulling into the parking lot at our building before she said good-bye.
Hot out of the oven.
It was a little tricky getting our Shopping Cart full of supplies in the building as Glen’s Moving Company was blocking the rear entrance but we got through it. With everything put away in the Apartment we waited until after 5:30 to cook up a Store Bought Thin Crust Pizza for supper.
Pizza and Carbonated Juice.
While watching the 6 o’clock Local News they were reviewing the losses due to the Coronavirus in the different areas. The Windsor/Essex region has only had Twenty-Nine Deaths total yet we were the last in the province of Ontario to be allowed to move to Stage 3 in the recovery.
Daytime High.
We also watched a couple of 9-11 Specials. It is hard to believe that it’s been Nineteen Years since that terrible day. Both Kathy and I remembered watching from work as the First Tower was burning when the Second Tower was struck. May we never see anything like that ever happen again.

We hope to get a few things done tomorrow before the Rain starts again. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your primary source of income is the pawn shop.

4 comments:

  1. It's extremely rare that I ever sleep in and then it's only maybe 30 minutes. It makes me feel like I lost half the day. Enjoy your extra hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our county has had 17 deaths due to COVID. For the longest while we had none. But it's good to see we have had none again for at least a week. Pray this trend continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our county has had one death and 33 cases. Many of the cases, resolved save three, were health care workers who work in Ottawa but live in Renfrew County. We had a slight uptick this week, one being a high school student who did NOT pick it up at school as they have just returned. We see the young people congregating in packs without masks or distancing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had over 60 deaths probably more since I last read that figure after going for months without a single one which is considerable for a small town. Seven more cases reported and I am bracing for the expected spike after the Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete