It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2020

New Machine Has Arrived, Errands, Doucettes and Mail In Voting.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even though we tried again last night to take something we thought would help us to sleep better we were not successful. Kathy still had a problem falling asleep while I just could not stay asleep. We even slept with the Window wide open but it didn’t help.

I had things ready for breakfast and had started my morning reading on my Computer when Kathy finally joined me. After enjoying Jam on Toast we took our Morning Brews to the Computers. By 10:00 I started my morning chores before getting ready for the larger chore of doing the Doucettes but there was a problem. The last time I filled them I forgot to update my Spreadsheet and there were a couple of Vitamin Bottles that were nearly empty. Since I fill Forty-Five Days of Doucettes at a time that meant I had to start counting some Vitamins to be sure there would be enough for today.

It was 11:30 when I found only Two Vitamins that needed to be picked up. It was also the same time that Taira from VitalAire called to say my replacement CPAP Machine had arrived for me to pick up. It was hard to believe that the Motor was starting to fail after not even a Year of use while my old one that I am presently using worked for Eight Years with no problem. The old saying, “They don’t make them the way the used to” definitely applies to this.

We had Italian Wedding Soup for lunch along with Cookies, an Orange and Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

We haven't even passed our Canadian Thanksgiving
and Christmas decorations are out.

Kathy had been taking stock earlier so by 12:30 we were on our way out the door.. Taking a route that was clear the other day turned into a Construction Bottleneck today.

It was just before 1:00 we arrived at VitalAire who shares the Red Cross Building with the Canadian Blood Donor Services. It was a matter of knocking on the door and after Taira saw it was me returned minutes later with my New CPAP Machine.

We swung by Guardian Storage where we surprisingly found quite a bit of Mail in our Box. One happened to be the Refund Cheque for when Mary from Healthy Heals stopped over on the Eighth of this month. That added a stop at Motor City Community Credit Union to cash it so Kathy will have the money for Mary’s next visit.

When we left the Credit Union we drove to over to Dollarama where we started reducing the size of our Grocery List. It still amazes me that the same articles we buy here are double or more in price at the grocery store.

Even tough we saved money there we still needed to go to Zehr’s grocery store to pick up Produce and Frozen Foods. Walking down the Paper Products aisle to get some Kleenex we were looking at the near empty shelves similar to this past March. Kathy reminded me that our Prime Minister in last night’s speech had said we were already into the Second Wave of the Coronavirus. That probably sent the Panic Buyers out in droves. Soup Prices had almost doubled in nearly Two Weeks so we left it there. We left quite a few $$$$ behind for less then we typically get.

We drove over to Walmart to see if they had better prices on Soup. They did so we doubled the amount we had originally thought to buy but if our area is like it was in March Soup will be hard to find.

There was another stop at Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up the Vitamin Pills we were short on. They were both “On Sale” but since this was Thursday and I’m a Senior I saved an additional Twenty Percent on my entire purchase.

Trees are starting to change colour.

Back at the building I loaded the largest Shopping Cart there was with all our purchases. Kathy couldn’t believe I made it all fit in one load. In the Apartment while Kathy put the Frozen Foods away I returned the Cart downstairs. We then worked together to make it all disappear into the appropriate storage spots.

It was just past 4:30 but we cooked up a Store Bought Thin Crust Parisian Pizza for supper. It had Chicken, Mushrooms and Spinach making it very tasty. We also topped it off with a glass of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) just like we’ve done at some restaurants years ago.

We worked together cleaning up the Dishes. We don’t have nor do we want a Dishwasher because they use more energy and waste resources (Time and Water) but Kathy could not understand how I wasn’t burning my Hands while scrubbing the dishes when were steaming when I put them in the drying rack.

While I worked at filling our Pill Doucettes I listened while Kathy watched our 6 o’clock Local News. Not much changed but we are liking the weather in the forecast.

As I continued working on the Doucettes Kathy did some rearranging in the kitchen. We did fill it up today.

Once the Doucettes were filled I managed to count the remaining Vitamins and Pills before updating our Spreadsheet. Listening to the US News Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro talked about Ballots found in the Trash. There were Seven Votes for President Trump that got a lot of people all up in arms saying the Voting by Mail is rigged. The A. G. Said those Ballots were from the Primary Elections and not for the Presidential Vote itself. Someone had not properly disposed of them.

Today was different then we hoped it would be but maybe so will tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all love what you are doing or learn to do.

Pele, Professional Soccer Player.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you miss being on the road in Arizona??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course but our border is closed and the USA has more coronavirus than we do and many don't wear masks. Not only that our travel insurance isn't covering the virus. So we are staying home.

      Delete
  2. Wow..alot of running around for you two! IF people are hoarding stuff again, stores should start limiting amounts before they're stuck with nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did not know people were hoarding again. Guess I better check my TP supply. lol

    ReplyDelete