It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Up Early, Plan B, Hearing Repairs and Sticky Tape


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

For someone who needs more sleep then me and says she is having problems falling to sleep at night Kathy also seems to be waking within minutes of my getting up. That doesn’t even give me enough time to get things ready for breakfast when she is joining me at the table so a quick fix this morning was Cereal.

We were sitting at our Computers by 8:30 this morning with our Coffee/Tea. The breeze coming in through the open Balcony Door felt inviting to me but to Kathy said she felt the Humidity. Checking The Weather Network it showed the Humidity was only 87% and the temperature felt in the low Seventies. Checking the Radar there was a large disturbance heading in our direction but seemed to go around us at the last moment.
By 10:00 I had measured the size of screen that I’d need to install over the outside of our Sleeved Air Conditioner in order to keep Insects and Pollen out of the unit. Once it was cut to size I tried to install it between the Sleeve and the AC itself. No Go. Plan B was to attach it with Duct Tape. Even though I knew right where it was in the Trailer I couldn’t find any here and since our Storage Unit has become disorganized would not know where to find it there. The best I could do was add it to our Shopping List.
We worked together to make Salmon Patties that Kathy had me fry while she put together a Garden Salad to go with it for lunch. It was easy to make, satisfying and tasty.
We washed up the Dishes and had the Kitchen all cleaned up before we headed back to the Computers. We barely sat down when Tina at Hearing Life called. If you recall Kathy’s Hearing Aids went haywire last week. It was two days later when a representative called but said we would have to wait until the local office in Tecumseh was open to contact us. We made an appointment to be at the Office for 2:30 this afternoon.
We left at 2:00 and took our time going down Riverside Drive until we reached Lesperance Road. Then we simply drove south until we arrived at Hearing Life. Being that Tina needed to speak with Kathy and they are presently under strict guidelines I stayed in the Car. Both Kathy and Tina were wearing Masks. It didn’t matter what Tina did she could not get Kathy’s Hearing Aids to activate. Now they have to be sent out for service. If they are not repairable they will be replaced at no charge to us since they are still under warranty.
As we were leaving we drove across the road to the Home Hardware Building Center where I planned to get a roll of Duct Tape. Kathy stayed in the Car this time while I went inside. It took a few minutes to find what I needed but was soon on my way. They say Duct Tape will hold anything and I believe they are right. On the way to the Cashier it held on to a couple of Klondike Sandwich Bars. Kathy really appreciated that when I got in the Car to help her cool down.
Yesterday's High.
It was after 4:30 when we got back to the Apartment. Since we weren’t worried about it raining before we left the Bedroom Window and Balcony Door open when we left. When we opened the Apartment Door the breeze flowing past us into the hallway felt refreshing.
Today was a bit cooler then yesterday.
Neither of us were very hungry so we waited until after the 6 o’clock Local News to share a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Pizza for supper. In Fifteen Minutes it was cooked just the way we like it.
The weather will be changing starting tomorrow but not sure if it’s for the better. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.

Martin Luther King Jr., American minister and Civil Rights Leader

5 comments:

  1. I am not sure what a sleeved air conditioner is...will you post a picture one day?

    I thought duct tape fixed everything but I could not get it to get a firm grip on the cardboard I used to protect the front and back windshield on my dad's old car from the hail we were expecting.

    I know your weather may not be ideal but at least it is warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet the Klondike Bar was appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza sure looks good, too good to be a store bought pizza. It looks like a fresh made pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken loves salmon patties, but they're hard to find around here, and I wouldn't attempt to make them, as I can't stand to look at salmon :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at the ice cream bars and duck tape. It must be very frustrating for Kathy being without her hearing aids.

    ReplyDelete