It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 13, 2018

Getting Started, Errands Turn Into Visits, Great Tasting Ribs, Up On The Roof and Skyrocketing Bill


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Since we’ll be having to set the Alarm early on Thursday morning we thought that by setting it a little ahead of what we are naturally waking up to right now, would help ease us through the transition. The problem with doing that though, is the same as a Pretravel Night, you just toss and turn in anticipation. It also seems that I normally wake ahead of the Alarm so that I can shut it off and simply wake Kathy with a Kiss. I’m far from Prince Charming but it’s like she is getting a more relaxed signal that she has to wake up instead of having to get moving in an instant. 

We didn’t spend too much time drinking our morning Coffees at the Computers because the Humidex was going to be another scorcher and we wanted to get an early start. One of those things was Kathy had to do for me what I did for her, put drops in my Eyes. Neither of us can put drops in our own Eyes so we look after each other.

We also wanted to ride our Tandem Bicycle around the Park for exercise. Things we really like about this Bike is we don’t get separated, we can hear what we are saying to one another and if there is any Gears to be shifted my hands can do so easier then Kathy’s Arthritic Hands can. We got in extra time and distance this morning and were back Home before it really started feeling Hot. 

We needed to run some errands this afternoon including some Grocery Shopping so Kathy decided to finish the last of the Perogies for lunch. With Sour Cream, Bacon Crumbs and Shredded Cheese they always taste wonderful. For dessert we had Clementine Oranges and a Yogurt.

We waited until after my Second Round of Eye Drops before heading out the door shortly after 1:00. With multiple stops planned we rearranged them and stopped at our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s in Amherstburg first. They had just gotten home from a long weekend of Camping and were all excited. We had only planned on dropping off a few things and leaving but after they started talking about RVing we had plenty of pointers to give them.

Our next stop was Pharma Choice drug store to pick up my Eyedrops for my upcoming Cataract Surgery. Luckily, there were still some Eyedrops leftover from Kathy’s procedures so we started with them. 

The next stop was at Walmart where I unsuccessfully searched their Hardware Section while Kathy started picking up necessary Groceries that we’ll need to get through the week. We have found it to be easier and most times less expensive to purchase Precooked Spare-Ribs and when we found them today “On Sale” for $6.49 for a Half Rack which feeds the both of us we got Two Packages. 

From there we crossed the road and went to Canadian Tire where I was successful in getting a replacement Barrel Bolt for our Garden Shed. 

Back Home it didn’t take long to store our purchases but it was already past 5:30 so after rewrapping a package of those Spare-Ribs in Foil I set them to cook on our Weber. Kathy had me cut open and clean an Acorn Squash that we shared. By the time the Squash was ready Kathy had plated some Coleslaw, a small piece of Cake for dessert and the Ribs were ready to serve. We used our Forks to cut the meat from the Bones. The entire meal was delicious.

Since it was too late to do everything I wanted on the Roof I only did a quick inspection and headed inside to deal with our Phone Bill. It amazes me that our Bill more than Doubles and suddenly we can’t view our accounts. I spent more than an Hour on the phone just getting our Passwords reset and being able to Download a Detailed Bill. I’ll be calling them back in a few days and getting this straightened around.

Tomorrow is a busy day filled with Appointments and Visits. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Beauty is truth, truth beauty,

 that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

John Keats, English Poet.

3 comments:

  1. It is still so hot there I can't believe it. What a great price for the ribs.
    Its nice that you have each other for those helping hands. I hate putting drops in my eyes and usually have more on my face then in the eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner looks great!! Seems like there's always some kind of problem with billing we have to take care of. It's so nice when nothing happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the only wake up calls I get from my prince charming are sloppy kisses. Kathy is lucky to have a prince charming.

    When is your surgery? Please keep us posted. A nurse taught me a trick to put eye drops in. Lie down. Close your eyes. Put the drops in right in the corner by your nose. Open your eyes--and the drops coat the eyes. (I should do an information post on that.)

    ReplyDelete