It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Belated Thank You, Chores Completed and Fun Visit.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

After visiting with my sister Anna yesterday it seemed that my mind was racing thinking of things that I haven’t thought of for a while. Kathy always says “Things happen for a reason,” and after this latest revelation I have to totally agree. As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog the Three of us had lost our Former Spouses to Cancer. 

Having been raised in a Large Extended Family we were always going to Wakes and expressing our Condolences for Family, Friends or Co-Workers. When I was given the news that my Former Spouse would not be going Home I figured that with the help of her Parents we could make it through the healing together. Since I had done so many Home Repairs for them I thought that they would think of me as part of the Family.  Imagine how it felt when after they had shed their tears at the Bedside my Father-in-law told me “You’re no longer part of the Family and aren’t welcome in our house”. 

Without that support I wasn’t doing so well and after the suggestion of my Family Doctor I was enrolled in Bereavement Counselling. That was where I first met Kathy and even though we went our separate ways after counselling we later met again and started dating. It has taken me this long to realize that if my Father-in-law had not pushed me away I might not be in the Loving Relationship I am today. For that I must say “Thanks Roy”. (Kathy: That said, sometimes things happen for a reason and we only have to wait for them to happen.) 

I set the alarm for 8:00 this morning but was sitting at my Computer by 6:30. It has been a while since I leisurely sat and watched the Sunrise even though it was mostly hidden behind Clouds. I’d completed my morning reading by the time I kissed Kathy awake at 8:00. 

As soon as breakfast was over Kathy took her Coffee to the Computer while I stripped the Bed and sorted the Laundry. With my Scheduled Cataract Surgery for tomorrow I needed to get things ready so Kathy wouldn’t have to immediately deal with it and by getting it done early I could beat the High Humidex of the day.

I was at the Park Laundry Room minutes after 9:30 and stuck around while everything went through the Wash Cycle. Once everything was in the Dryers I headed back to our Site to mow and trim our lawn. I even had a short visit with Kathy before heading back to fold our clothes. 

Lunch was ready the moment I walked in the door. Kathy had put together a Macaroni Salad, Coleslaw and Chicken Salad Wraps along with a piece of Banana Bread, my sister gave us yesterday, and Strawberries for dessert.

I spent some time after lunch reading as many Blogs as I could before I remembered there was some Printing that needed to be done. By keeping track of all our Medical Procedures along with a list of Medications and Vitamins we take on the Computer it is easy to attach to the Medical Questionnaires and easier to read then my writing in those small boxes.

Kathy needed a Snap so I planned to go to the Exercise Room for a while. I only walked up to the corner before realizing that it was Wednesday afternoon when our Park has local musicians over for a Free Jam Session. With the Clubhouse and Exercise Room being separated by only Glass Windows I decided to wait.

Back at the Trailer I emptied and flushed our Black Tank in hopes that it will last until just before my Second Cataract Surgery.

Not wanting anything too heavy to eat for supper Kathy toasted some English Muffins that I added Butter to. At the Table we smothered them with Rhubarb Sauce. It was enough for us to be satisfied and really tasty. Sorry, we ate them before we could take pictures.

We were out the door shortly after 5:00 heading to Amherstburg for our weekly visit with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. With the Humidex at the Century Mark they had the AC on so we could visit in comfort. We had a lot to talk about that we missed on our Monday drop in. They are really enjoying getting away for the Weekends with their Travel-Trailer along with Cameron and Matthew. We all enjoyed a lot of laughs when we talked about a few things the boys have been up to.

When we left we drove into town looking for a Charitable Clothing Dropoff Box. Everytime we see one we don’t have the clothes and when we have the clothes we don’t see one. I spotted a Dropoff Box by a convenience store so we drove back to leave the clothes. On our way out of town every convenience store that we drove by had a Dropoff Box. Unbelievable!

We’re headed to bed early because we’ll be up early in the morning. Stay tuned for Kathy’s Updates. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything.

That points clearly to a political career.

George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright and Critic

6 comments:

  1. I know you will do great tomorrow and then you can experience what Kathy did after your eye clears up. I'll be waiting for Kathy's update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, that is a terrible thing for Roy to say. In your case, it was the best thing to happen and we are happy you found your soul mate and partner.
    Good luck with your surgery today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully all goes well for you. Hopefully it will cool off for you a little. We have broken another record for heat out west for thirty-one days of above ninety dregree days. The last three days there's been so much smoke from all the fire's you can't even see the sun it's just a big orange ball in the sky. You two take care.

    ReplyDelete