It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Catching Up On A Rainy Day.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

When I first opened my eyes and saw the clock it felt like I’d been drugged. That was when the reality of my surroundings came into prospective and I heard the sound of the Rain pounding on our roof. It seems that whenever we hear Rain we both sleep much harder then when it is clear outside. 

I had barely gotten things ready for breakfast when Kathy nearly came stumbling down the stairs. Definitely wouldn’t be needing that. Since the Rain continued past noon we weren’t in much of a hurry to do anything outside even making it a Two Cup Morning. It did give me the chance to make a couple of Doctor’s Appointments with one now booked only days before we head south. 

Kathy’s idea for a late lunch was Leftovers. Leftover Celery Root, slices from a Leftover Tomato, Leftover Lettuce on a Leftover English Muffin with the Leftover end of a brick of Cheese. It was lite, simple, tasty and satisfying.

Having noticed that our computers have been slowing down lately, I started running our Norton Antivirus to try and clean things up. It was done in less then Five Minutes showing that Nothing was found. Remembering that we used to run Super Anti-Spyware on our old Computers I went in search of it On-line. It only took seconds to load the newest Free Version but it would take nearly an Hour to complete its Scan. Kathy’s Computer had 1807 Cookies and mine had 2052. The Computers are working much better this evening no thanks to Norton. I think I’ll be looking at AGV when our Norton expires. It’s Free and much more thorough then Norton.

When we got our New Debit Cards on the weekend we thought they would make our lives easier but then we tried to do our On-Line Banking. I had to call the Credit Union for a few pointers and finally got the New Card Numbers loaded but it won’t allow you to remove the old ones. Another call tomorrow. 

Even with SW Winds gusting to 31 MPH (50 KPH) I grilled a Rising Crust Canadian Pizza on our Weber for supper. We each only had a quarter of the Pizza and were well satisfied. Guess what’s for lunch tomorrow?

We watched the movie “Frozen Ground” with Nicolas Cage as an Alaskan State Trooper that sets out to solve a case of a Serial Killer who preyed mostly on young prostitutes. This is based on an Actual Case back in the 1980’s. Not much action but lots of drama and some Nudity.

With all the Rain we’ve been getting our grass sure doesn’t look like it was cut last Wednesday. The Sun finally show up after supper. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Reason is our soul's left hand,

Faith her right.

John Donne, English Poet

2 comments:

  1. Years ago I had NOrton I kept getting nailed with virus after virus. I had clicked do not renew when I signed up, they did anyway and it had gone up about $30. I had to go to the Attorney General and report them so I could get my money back. I have since been using Avast and it is free. I have only had a problem twice and it was when I opened something I shouldn't have. There are some really good free ones out there. I think I will try the one you mentioned for cleaning out my cookies I'm sure they're are plenty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I delete cookies constantly. It's a pain to be sure, but it makes your computer run better.

    ReplyDelete