It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Getting Cleaned, Organized and Wonderful Visit.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Even though we got to bed well after midnight Kathy just could not stop thinking. It was probably well after 3:00 when she finally got to sleep only to wake up before 8:30. Not good for someone that has always needed around Nine Hours of sleep per night.

As we were boiling the Water in the Kettle for our Coffees and Kathy’s Quaker Oats the flame on the stove started getting shorter and shorter. I had to go out to check on our propane situation. We have an Automatic Switching Regulator but I somehow had turned the second Tank off the last time I looked it over. A quick twist of the valve and we were soon enjoying our hot Coffees and Cereal.

After completing our morning reading I started calling some of the twenty locations we had visited yesterday in search of my lost Keys with no luck. It is amazing how you can get all the phone numbers you want by simply Googling it. No more phone books that are not up to date or someone has ripped the pages out.

Not having any more Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup we had to pull out a can of Italian Wedding Soup to go with the Grilled Cheese Sandwich that we shared for lunch. We talked about what we wanted to accomplish this afternoon and as soon as we’d finished eating we got busy. 

Kathy was busy Dusting and Sweeping the trailer something she does every few days between her weekly Vacuuming.

Even though I had sorted through lots of things a while back I needed to finish Organizing and Sweeping the Basement. That was when I found a couple more containers that I hadn’t sorted. It was cool enough with the breeze that I needed to wear a sweater to keep warm but that caused another problem. The warmth from the Sun was causing the outside of the sweater to attract Bees to the surface. I didn’t know that until looking at something else I got stung in my Hand. Sorry to say the Bee didn’t survive but I was lucky enough the Stinger didn’t stay in my Hand. The tools that I’ll be using in the next few days are the only things out of place but the Basement nearly looks much better.

By the time I got inside Kathy had already cooked some Spare Ribs in the Convection Oven, made a Salad along with Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Everything tasted wonderful and we even finished the last of the Fruit Cake for dessert. 

After we finished doing the dishes we were soon on our way to Amherstburg for our weekly visit with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. Even though they just bought their Travel Trailer they took it out to Willow Wood Campground this past weekend with their boys to try it out. They loved it and are looking forward to next summer. Kevin had some questions about winterizing it but once I confirmed what he was doing he felt more comfortable knowing that he was doing it right. We also discussed what we will bring to their Halloween Party in ten days.

Kathy had a hard time keeping her eyes open on the way Home but as soon as we walked in the door she was wide awake. Hopefully she’ll sleep well tonight. We’ll see what we can do tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

None of your skills produce income.

1 comment:

  1. I knew better than to ever move anything in the basement of our fiver when we fulltimed. Leonard had everything where we wanted it. I think he would check out my fingerprints if I touched stuff.

    Tell Kathy I envy her that she can sleep 9 hours. A good night for me is 5.

    ReplyDelete