It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Getting Things Done and Things Are Looking Up.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Things were looking up this morning when I got up before 8:00. It was still on the cool side even after we’d eaten breakfast so I took the time to start going through all those extra Keys that we tend to gather then just put them aside. I now only have to worry about replacing the Three Original Keys that came with our Trailer that I lost on Tuesday. I’ll also be finding a better way to secure my Keys to their Clip
Pepper Steak on a bed of Rice with Cantaloupe for dessert.
Kathy is definitely making certain we don’t have any of the Foods we are not allowed to bring across the International Border into the U.S. as well as not wasting any Food that we have already cooked. Warming up the Leftover Pepper Steak and Rice Kathy realized there wasn’t enough there to feed the both of us. Since Rice is one of those noted Foods she simply cooked whatever was remaining in the Pantry Container and added it to our meal. The end result was we were both well fed. While she was cooking Kathy had me clean up a Cantaloupe and chop it into small Bite Sized Pieces that would last a couple of meals.

After lunch Kathy was still Double-Checking places that we might stop at overnight along with places we may stay for a few days. Using the Internet saves a lot of time but sometimes it gives you so many choices it can leave you Confused.

When I went outside the first thing I did was to use the Sander to smooth down the Body Filler that was used to repair the Rust Spot. It turned out nice and smooth so after cleaning the dust away I managed to get it well Primed. As soon as that was done the Wind picked up and wasn’t about to slow down. Since the metal is now well coated with Primer it can be finished in the Spring when there should be less Wind
Bicycle Carrier installed and the lights wired.
My next chore was to install the Bicycle Carrier that I modified on the rear of the Trailer then reconnect the Driving/Signal Lights. I installed these lights on any Carrier I have made in case our Bicycle Cover blocks the view of the Trailer’s Taillights
A Wing Extension was added on both sides
to carry our Tandem Bicycle.
The Temperature was getting Hot even with the breeze so after taking off my Coveralls I pulled anything that wasn’t in its place in the Basement and repacked it all. I even had time to dump our Waste Tanks.

Then I went through things in our Garden Shed and found plenty that were supposed to be in the Basement and put them there. Readers will remember that the Basement had to be emptied for the Warranty Service back in August at Leisure Trailer. Now there was suddenly plenty of space in the Shed so I started putting our Patio Furniture away for the Winter.

Kathy came outside and immediately started sweeping the Leaves off the Patio. She couldn’t believe everything was in the shed and it still has room for the few remaining things still out. We even had the chance to sit and relax for a few minutes outside before she went in to start getting things ready for supper.

Since it was going to take Fifteen Minutes to get things ready to eat I took the time to mow the grass for (Hopefully) the last time this season. Have I told you how fast this grass can grow?  

Supper was the Leftover Honey Garlic Chicken with the Spanish Rice from yesterday along with the rest of the Cantaloupe from lunch for our dessert.

Since there was a Football Game on at 6:00 we had to watch the 11 o’clock Local News. The Weather Guessers showed the Humidex hit 84 F (29 C) today but it is going to turn Wet with Cooler Seasonal Temperatures starting tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Ask a silly question:

Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

3 comments:

  1. Your rice would be okay if it was from Canada or USA but now you don't need to worry about it anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew rice was a problem. I thought beef and dog food were the biggies. I was not allowed to go across the border with anything but lamb and rice dog food!! I rarely eat beef, so that wasn't a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather guessers up our way are predicting wind and then cold weather. There has even been a mention of the word "snow".
    Nice looking bike carrier.

    ReplyDelete