It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Exercise and Entertainment.

Our Location today is Moore Haven, Florida.

We didn’t have anywhere to go this morning and we didn’t set the alarm so when I went to sleep last night after a busy day of walking I knew that I’d sleep like a rock. Boy was I wrong because after an hour and a half of sleep I was wide awake. Since I’d hardly slept on Sunday night and the long walk my mind just kept on racing about anything and everything. The last time I looked at the clock was 6:30 and I was wide awake by 8:00. One good thing came from all that thinking and planning in the middle of the night was I realized I was one part short on running the wires for the solar to the roof. 

At breakfast we were happy to see the clear blue skies over the park so as soon as we were able we mounted our bicycles and started exploring more of the resort. We headed towards the marina and restaurant and had the chance to see scenery we’d missed on an earlier search. I’d also had heard there was a path near the Marina that led to the abutting neighborhood. It made for a change of scenery and pace as we were now on a local roadway that eventually circled back to the entry gate of the Glades RV Resort. 

Kathy needed to do some research on the computer and having heard me say that I needed to do some exercises with the weights to help my neck encouraged me to take that time to do so. I made certain not to overdo it but am feeling so much better with the little I did. 

For lunch I grilled hotdogs on the Weber and Kathy made a great salad to go with them. After eating we were both researching things on the computer for a while. Around 2:00 we got a phone call from our grandson Tyler who was home on a Snow Day. He misses our visits and talking to us but has been busy helping with the chores normally done by his mom. He got another goal and an assist at hockey on Sunday. Karen had talked to Kathy earlier saying her balance is shot and she is having difficulty keeping anything down whether it’s food or even to drink. The whole family is now having to pitch in and do what Mom did that no one ever noticed. They got another 6 inches of snow last night. 
Buzzards circling by the roadside.
I went back outside getting tools from the truck and the front storage box on the trailer ready so that I’ll be able to finish other projects that I want to complete for the trailer. Kathy came outside to sit in the cool shade of the trailer and enjoy more fresh air. 

Suddenly an Ambulance went by heading towards the rear of the park with its lights flashing. It turned out a woman trying to lose weight was not only starving herself but not drinking enough fluids. With the dry heat we’ve been getting the last few days it was too much and she passed out. The ambulance did take her away saying she was severely dehydrated. 

For supper I again used the Weber to grill a couple of hamburgers that Kathy added the two hotdogs we didn’t eat at lunch to baked beans rounding the meal off nicely. We were about to set up the new printer when I tried to store it in the spot we transport the present printer in it wouldn’t fit. Let’s just say we’re going to look for a smaller unit tomorrow. 

At 6:30 we went over to meat Elaine and Rick at the Clubhouse where tonight they were having a Variety show. At 7:00 the show started with a video from a Norwegian couple who have traveled all six continents in the last five years. After that there was everything from standup comedy, to Blue Grass songs, a Lilly Tomlin impersonator, duet and group karaoke songs, solo guitar melodies and even interpretive dance. There was no charge for attending and all the participants were people staying here at the resort that volunteered so everyone could have some fun.  

Tomorrow we have some errands to run then hopefully we will start getting things done back at the trailer. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Meetings are indispensable when you don't want to do anything.

John Kenneth Galbraith

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun evening you had at the resort, great entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are those feet doing back behind the screen?

    ReplyDelete