It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Internet Issue Resolved, Addressing Comments and Running Errands.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was past midnight when I finally got yesterday’s Blog to publish. It was necessary to reboot our modem Five Times, before my Computer would connect to the internet. Hopefully we won’t have the same issue tonight.

In response to many of the Comments we have received about my problem, something will definitely have to be done soon. Last night was a repeat of many before, robbing me off needed sleep and the excruciating Pain that is the cause of it.

So far the Doctor has only done Cat-Scans, X-rays and Ultra-Sounds. They pointed to wear in the Hip with a possibility of a Pinched Nerve. Since it has been nearly a year that he has been trying to book an appointment with an Orthopaedic Surgeon to see me, I suggested seeing a Chiropractor to which he agreed.

After checking the X-rays and my movements, the Chiropractor said it was my Hip. By simply lifting my knee to waist level, when it is lowered, it is like hitting a speed bump. I don’t feel that on the other Hip. The results have been mixed. I no longer need to use our Hiking Stick to simply walk and am slightly more limber, but when the Pain flares up it can be unbearable at times. Constantly changing my position from Standing, to Sitting and even Laying is a good thing, otherwise the joint tends to Seize up.

If you have been following us for some time, you will notice that Kathy visits a Cardiologist. As a child she struggled but never gave up, but in 2003 had to undergo an Angiogram. They found that her heart is not like everyone else’s, but that does not stop her from most of her challenges.

In 2011 when we sold our house and moved into an apartment, I wanted to share the chores. Besides, what would I do if something happened to Kathy. I had her teach me how to properly do the laundry and I am good at it. When we travel or something pressing is happening, Kathy lends me a hand. With an increase of issues, she is facing, I still try to do the laundry by myself.

With a forecast for Rain later this afternoon, we headed out the door around noon. We stopped at Taco Bell where we used a Coupon for our lunch. It was probably more than we needed to eat, but with lots of walking coming up, we didn’t worry.

We stopped at the Trailer where I picked up an extra Pillow to use for my leg.

Then we stopped at Pioneer gas station to top up the Car with Gasoline.

Finally we stopped at Zehr’s grocery to pick up Produce, Pastries and Diary.

That wasn’t much walking, but by the time we got in the Apartment, I needed to sit for a bit. Even a short sit down is becoming hard to get back on my feet.

Looking outside the forecasted Rain had started.

Once I was back on my feet I was able to make Stir-Fry so we could enjoy our Veggie Wraps for supper, along with Oranges and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.

Not sure how much welding I’ll be doing tomorrow, but here is keeping my fingers crossed, it doesn’t cause any problems with my leg.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

When you hear someone talking about the king you don't know whether they're talking about Elvis or Richard Petty.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine waiting that long for a hip replacement. It is such an easy procedure with such an easy recovery (at least with our experience), it's just cruel they make you wait so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could just wash your dirty work clothes in apartment machines.- and take everything else to a professional laundry - where they wash, dry, & fold - then you (or Kathy) could just go pick it up.? Maybe try it for a few months. Also, the sooner you can quit working the better. Good Luck. Hope better health is in your very near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are fortunate to live out here in a small town. Bill had an Orthopedic surgeon appt. booked within a day of his visit to the hospital and it is on the 26th of this month. If that is what he needs to do, yes. the wait could be long though.
    Maybe you both could do the laundry, you are both in discomfort and it would shorten the time. 😔
    Also, you mentioned Bill should work smarter but it makes me wonder why you are still working with all this pain? Life is too short. 🤔 a comment only out of concern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick, I wonder if a new hip might be in the forecast?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living with constant pain really must get you down at times and having to work while in agony is not a good thing. Hope you find a way to ease your discomfort.

    ReplyDelete