It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Great Day For Charging Batteries, Loving Leftovers and Wiring That Won’t Work.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

While kneeling inside the Basement last evening I started experiencing some severe pain in my Right Knee. Knowing that I hadn’t bumped it I simply finished what needed to be done and closed up for the night. While sitting at the Computer to write our Blog the Knee started aching like a Tooth Ache so Extra Strength Tylenol helped me to sleep quite comfortably.
When I got up before 7:00 the Knee seemed to have improved but there was still a slight ache. After having breakfast it was time to get things moving. While changing from Pajamas to Denim Pants I was surprise at how swollen the Knee actually was. When someone injures a joint a build up of fluid occurs as the body attempts to protect itself from further injury.

Looking outside not only had the morning Clouds cleared allowing the Sun to charge our Batteries but Ken’s Flags were all waving from the moderate 7 MPH Wind we were getting. Checking out the Back Window we could see the Shadow of our Wind Generator spinning along quite nicely. Some days nothing will charge your Batteries then other days there is a competition.

When the Meters that I installed yesterday were shipped there were no Wiring Diagrams in the Packages. After my normal morning reading on the Computers this morning I found two different versions of Diagrams for that particular Meter. Strangely I could not Download or Copy them since their titles were printed in a Foreign Language that I didn’t understand I had to hand draw one on a Notepad as reference.

After emptying the opposite side of the Basement from yesterday I finished tying the Wiring Harness along the Ceiling so that nothing could hook on to them. After using my Multi Meter to test the Blocking Diode as to the direction of flow I started the process connecting the Wires to the Shunt according to the Diagram.
It was around that time that Kathy called me for lunch. She said we were having Leftovers. Leftover Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Leftover Bread with melted Leftover Cheese and some Leftover Mixed Berries that she made into a dessert. With leftovers like that I might never leave the kitchen. YUM!

Before I headed back outside she asked if it was okay to run the Vacuum Cleaner. These were the perfect conditions and time of day to use that or any other Electric Appliance because the Batteries would have plenty of time to recharge.
Having had Back Injuries during my career and now working in a half twisted position was not helping but causing me Confusion brought on by the Pain. I actually had to take a short break while taking another Extra Strength Tylenol. Even with that I struggled to finish what should have been an easy task. When all the Wires were connected to the Meter it would only displayed the Voltage??? According to the Wiring Diagram that I copied On-Line everything was the way it should be. Kathy suggested since I was in so much Pain to worry about it tomorrow.
For supper I grilled some very meaty Spare Ribs while Kathy cooked some Perogies and Peas as sides. After doing the dishes we both enjoyed a nice Hot Shower which helped soothe some but not all the aches.
I just went back On-Line and sketched the other Wiring Diagram that I ignored this Morning. Using the Colours of the lines instead of words I’ll have to change Half of the Wires around and hope it works. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Witty Words of Wisdom

When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like, as usual, you two have been busy. Sorry to hear about your knee and that Kathy was under the weather for a bit. Hope everyone is feeling better. Those leftovers look pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll get it figured out. It's hard to concentrate when you're in pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need to take it easy for a bit to let that knee heal. Leftovers looks delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try your print screen button. Get what you want on the screen and press the print screen button them open and image program and do a edit paste and you can copy anything.

    ReplyDelete