It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cold Recovery.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

My medication for my Inner Ear Imbalance had started to work by the time I went to bed last night. It took me less than five minutes to lay down with the room only spinning at half the speed as the night before and I was so tired that I fell asleep almost immediately. 

What woke me up this morning was the sunlight streaming around the window drapes around 8:00. I had no sooner gotten in the kitchen when I could hear Kathy getting out of bed. We never saw the sun through the clouds yesterday but today the sun shone the whole day giving the false impression of warmth. As we watched the Weather Channel during breakfast the indicated the temperature to at 10 F (-12 C) but with the wind chill it felt more like -6 F (-21 C). 

We spent most of the morning at the computers before I started trying to phone a travel agency that we were dealing with. When we had received our travel package from them last week both Kathy and I took the time to read the (very) fine print using a magnifying glass. There were hidden clauses that could have made this excursion more expensive than what we had been told. There was one clause that would have charged us more for simply being retired. 

By lunchtime we were starting to think we had been scammed because even though we were calling their business number we just kept getting an answering machine. Back at the computers we were investigating their local Better Business Bureau in case. Around 2:00 I just took the chance and tried calling again. Imagine my surprise when I spoke to an actual person. Within ten minutes of that contact arrangements were made to cancel our trip. There was a stipulation that I return the travel package so we’ll get a full refund. They will get their booklet back but I made certain they knew they were getting copies back and not the originals of our contract. 

I had to go across the street to the Post Office in order to mail it as registered. That means somebody is going to have to sign for that package so the agency can’t say they didn’t receive it. By the time I got back to the apartment I was feeling like I was frozen because the wind cut right through the layers of clothes I was wearing. The afternoon high reached 23 F (-5 C) but the wind chill felt like 10 F (-12 C). 

Kathy seems to be fighting a cold/flu (can’t understand why with these wonderful temperatures) so she needed to bundle up for a Snap for a short while before supper. 

Watching the 6 o’clock News as we ate they were showing a warm up to our area starting this weekend to normal temperatures for this time of year. That may sound good but the warmth will be accompanied by rain. At least I don’t have to clean the rain off the truck. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

After a visit to the circus, Geoff and Don were discussing the thrills and marvels they had seen. "I didn't think much of the knife-thrower, did you?" said Geoff.

“I thought he was great!" enthused Don.

"Well I didn't" said Geoff. "He kept chucking those knives at that girl but he didn't hit her once."

No comments:

Post a Comment