It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

Cleaning, Organizing and Relaxing

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

For some reason I had a restless night but only slept in until 7:30 this morning. After doing my usual prepping for breakfast and opening the drapes I managed a whole ten minutes on the computer before Kathy woke up. The Weather Channel confirmed that it was cold outside but we already knew that just by seeing the parking lot peoples breathes as they spoke to one another. The forecast for the day would not be improving so we planned on working around the apartment instead. 

It has been over a week since I’d done our laundry so today I rectified that problem. I had no problems getting the machines I needed when I needed them but with other tenants still learning how to use the new laundry card system that delayed our lunch by a half hour as I coached them on the process.   

While I had been gone downstairs Kathy was just attacking the newly formed dust bunnies that she had not gotten to since this past Monday. When I returned she was breathing easier even though there was no visible signs of mass casualties. 

While having lunch we started watching another Christmas Special on television. Watching all this television is totally out of character for us. We think it has to do with the cold and sometimes wet weather that is turning us into couch potatoes. We try to avoid going to stores at this time of year so we are not facing throngs of holiday shoppers. 

Following that program I managed to book an appointment at Windsor Spring and Alignment for the truck for next Monday at 8:00 in the morning. Since Jim at Windsor Gas and Diesel had replaced the Tie Rod End he recommended an alignment to be certain everything will run true. We spend more time on the computers where Kathy was able to find something else for us to do on our return trip home next April.


Tomorrow I’ll be heading to the trailer to cross a few things off my to-do list before we leave in 27 days. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

The early bird catches the worm.

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats still a long wait before you hit the road, I am sure you will be ready by then

    ReplyDelete