It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Trying to Get Ahead.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Waking up before 3:00 in the morning and laying awake over an hour I tried taking a regular strength Tylenol in hopes of going back to sleep. When I was still awake at 6:00 I took a second regular strength Tylenol in hopes of going back to sleep. It was around 7:00 by the time I finally fell asleep. Kathy didn’t understand why I slept in until 9:00. After having breakfast and watching the Weather Channel we headed to the computers to catch up on our morning reading. 

The temperatures would later become unbearable this afternoon so as soon as I’d finished my reading I went outside to work on the truck. Last week I made a list of 29 things that I needed to accomplish before we head south this coming winter in 117 days. So I can’t just wait until the last minute to do all these things.  One problem has been with water getting into the light sockets that I had mounted on the mud-flaps of the truck. I simply removed them and once again set myself up on the plastic tarp in the living room to repair the problem. 

After lunch we returned to the trailer because I was missing a couple of pieces that I’d need to do the mud-flap repair. From there we stopped at the Dollar Store, Home Depot and finally Chapters Book Store before heading back to the apartment. 

Disassembling the light-bars on the mud-flaps proved to be more than a simple task. By the time I stopped for the day I had only removed four of the six fixtures due to rusted bolts. They wouldn’t even come off with the use of penetrating oil. My only other option will be to grind them off later but I have other holes to drill in the Stainless Steel brackets that will keep me busy in the meantime. 

Kathy made a good tasting meatloaf for supper tonight from a recipe she found online. Even though she makes great tasting meatloaf to begin with she just likes trying something new every once in a while. Unfortunately it came out too sweet for both our liking. I see meatloaf sandwiches coming up for lunch soon and a return to the old recipe.   

After supper we watched the News and then we saw a movie advertised that we thought sounded interesting. It turned into a murder thriller that surprised us both at the turn of events. 

Tomorrow I’ll see about again working on the mud-flaps inside because the weather forecast is for rain most of the day tomorrow. After lunch we’ll be going to our daughter Karen’s to deliver an early birthday gift. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever used a tablespoon as a shoehorn.

2 comments:

  1. I am always trying something new with an old recipe, and Paul is always saying....Why are you trying to improve on something that tastes great? Back to the old recipe I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never too early to start prepping for your trip south.

    ReplyDelete