It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 19, 2014

Ready, Set.

Our Location today is Goshen, Indiana.

I was up before 7:00 this morning but Kathy slept a little later due to the fact that she is still fighting her cold. It was nearly 8:00 when she finally joined me at the computers so that I could stop to make breakfast. The Weather Channel showed warmer temperatures for the day with possible Thunder Storms for this evening. 
Two rigs on the infield last night.

With breakfast finished I set about making the bed and dressing before switching spots with Kathy who was busy reading blogs. When we opened the door to get a sense of how it felt outside the wind practically slammed the door shut. 
Our set up for the rally.
After 9:00 I called Keystone RV Manufacturing trying to find out about the panel separation of our basement doors. The person I spoke to read what had been submitted by the dealership when they were supposed to be working on it last year. Of course when they worked on it in the cold weather the panel was taunt and not stretched like it does in the warmer weather. I was given an E-mail address that I can personally send photographs when the problem arises again. My next call was to General RV in White Lake Michigan where I set an appointment for a one day service to be done. 
Kathy is still needing extra rest in order to get rid of this cold so she laid down for a Snap (short nap). I stepped outside to see how many RVs were still on the infield and all I could see were the trainers running their horses around the track. I went back inside and started putting away the printer before waking her for lunch. Chicken Noodle Soup has that natural healing quality about it and helped to take the chill out of us both.

Infield parking on grass is empty today. 
Now I had to start putting things away outside and flush our tanks. I was going back and forth while flushing the tanks and getting the bicycles remounted on the trailer. Of course one of our neighbors is also leaving tomorrow so they were talking to us as well. After the tanks were clean I then flushed the sewer hoses with Kathy’s help controlling the water flow before storing them. 

Kathy tried sitting outside in the sunshine but with the harsh cold wind that was blowing she had to retreat back inside for the protection of the trailer. I continued until I had everything but the Weber Q stored and the truck parked in front of the trailer. Even though it was looking like it might rain any minute we needed it for one more meal. 
Almost ready to roll.
Of course I needed to reposition the Weber to stop the wind from blowing out the flame. The best I could lower the flame to was about half. I managed to grill a couple of nice chicken breast while Kathy made a couple of Twice Baked Potatoes and Sautéed Spinach on the side with Strawberries for dessert. Supper was perfect and so was the setting. 

It didn’t take long after finishing the dishes that I was outside packing away the Weber. Tomorrow we’ll add to the fairground exodus that has already taken place. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Office workers are two to two-and-a-half times more likely to suffer a disabling injury from a fall than non-office workers.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

No comments:

Post a Comment