It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Chores, Errands and Cooking.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

It almost felt strange that I just woke up shortly after 7:00 this morning and was able to bring the laundry hamper to the living room plus opened all the windows in the apartment without waking Kathy. I even had the chance to get breakfast started and sort the clothes into piles before Kathy came running into the dining room before 7:45 thinking that she’d over slept. 

Once breakfast was over I was on my way downstairs before 9:00 while Kathy started her morning E-reading. With nobody else in the laundry room at that time I had everything in the washers and was on my way back to the apartment within ten minutes. This allowed me to start my morning reading before heading back to move things to the dryers. Again being the only person downstairs I had everything in the dryers and back in the apartment in another ten minutes. I actually had my reading finished before going down to fold the dried clothes. What really felt strange was to be back in the apartment putting the clothes away before noon hour. 

Kathy hadn’t been idle while I was gone either. She had once again been researching our route home from Florida next April as well as looking at what bargains the grocery stores were offering in their flyers. When I returned from folding the clothes I walked in to the living room to find all the furniture moved as she was doing her spring cleaning. After having lunch we completed the cleaning and putting the clothes away together. I also cleaned and sliced a celery root for Kathy to cook for us later for supper. 

We had planned on a few errands and the first one was to stop at the DMV to purchase the new license sticker for the truck. Imagine our surprised to find they had moved and the instructions posted in the window as to where they moved was not very clear. They had moved to the rear of a building five hundred feet away. By the time we got in the new location the lineup stretched around the inside which took nearly forty-five minutes before being taken care of. What really hurt was that the same sticker I got last year now costs over two hundred dollars more this year. 
We then stopped at the trailer to remove some things that we won’t need in the trailer when we bring it to White Lake Michigan next Thursday. Kathy also brought home some things from the pantry while I gathered a few tools. 
Weber cooking Spare Ribs.
The return trip home took us by Freshco grocery store where we were able to save some serious cash on the small list of items we needed to buy. That was the first thing we put away when we got back to the apartment. 
Kathy breading and cooking Celery Root.
I then warmed up the Weber on low and slow and started grilling some nice spare ribs we had prepared earlier. Kathy busied herself breading and cooking the Celery Root that I had cleaned for her earlier this afternoon. The meal was delicious and we still have leftover celery root for another meal or I can eat as a snack. 

Breaded Celery Root and Spare Ribs.
Tomorrow is looking like it will be another wonderful spring day weather wise. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

A cat in gloves catches no mice.

1 comment:

  1. Never had celery root before.. will have to try it. But I used to have the same dishes you have! LOL ....

    OUCH on the sticker for the license.... that is a lot!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete