It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

Modifications.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

As predicted in last night’s post I managed to have a fairly decent night’s sleep thanks in part to the over tiredness that had set in. By 7:30 this morning I was wide awake and well rested but not too happy when I started opening the drapes. The Weather Channel actually got the prediction of rain for our area correct. Kathy was soon to join me in the dining room so we were finished breakfast and sitting at the computers by 8:30. 

By 10:30 I was busy doing modifications to some shelving in our office. Since all our older printers will not work on Kathy’s Windows 8.1 laptop while we were in Florida this winter we bought one that will. Because she needs a printer at home as well we simply take it from the trailer into the apartment and back when we travel. Changing the shelf was the easy part but moving the desk to run the wires was the hard part. 
Kathy's new printer.
Lunch time we finished the last of the homemade Ham and Vegetable Split Pea Soup. Not only is it tasty but it’s nutritional and filling as well. The only problem was Kathy couldn’t wait to dig in to it and burnt her tongue again. 

The old printer that Kathy had for her old desktop is identical to the one I use on my desktop. Since I am constantly changing the paper type and size my plan was to stack the printers under my desk. This was my first problem of the day! The shelf I bought was too narrow so I needed to return to Home Depot and exchange the shelf for the proper size. 
Two printers stacked.
By the time I had placed the printer on its new shelf I needed to wait to hook up the wires. Kathy was already busy researching things for us to do when we are again in Florida next winter. 

The rain finally stopped just before supper so I fired up the Weber again and grilled a couple of hamburgers. Kathy cooked some perogies and a Sweet Potato to round off the meal. 
Hamburger, two Perogies and half a Sweet Potato. 
Tomorrow with the lack of rain in the forecast things will definitely get busy for us. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment