It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day of Chores.

Our Location today is Crystal River, Florida.

Again last night we had to unhook our water supply as the temperatures here in sunny Florida dipped below the freezing mark. We didn’t just depend on the cube heater either we ran our furnace which kept us nice and toasty making it for a restful night.
Once breakfast was over I had a few chores to take care of. The first was every RVers dream job emptying and flushing the waste tanks. (Maybe that should read a nightmare instead.) Once that was finished I started sorting and packing the laundry to transport to the laundromat another choice job.
By the time I loaded that in the truck and came back in to warm up Kathy had finally received the call from Michael at Verizon as he is continuing to try and sort through this mess we’ve been having since last year. He finally got Kathy connected to Jenna at the Corporate office who talked her through the process of navigating through the Verizon website. When Kathy was finished I asked Jenna a few technical questions which she promptly and accurately answered for me.

Since it was getting closer to lunch Kathy started making us lunch while I called Nature Coast RV to see what progress had been made on our toilet. They had rebuilt it with new seals but the pedal return just would not work as it should. I told my theory to the service manager Bruce about why it wasn’t working and what it would take to fix it and he agreed. Unfortunately Frank the service rep that had worked on it was off today so they would be trying my idea in the morning.
We had a delicious salad for lunch that helped offset the large supper we had last night. It wasn’t long and we were on our way to downtown Crystal River.

Since we’ve been in the area for the last three weeks I am starting to get the lay of the land and recognizing street names that are on multiple main streets. This confuses Kathy when I suddenly turn on these streets and end up where we need to go quicker and doing less mileage.
At the laundromat I had no trouble getting machines today but Kathy was finding the cold breeze blowing in the door when someone came in or left a bit challenging. The manager recognized me while I was folding our dry clothes and started talking mechanical things with me and was surprised when I explained an easy fix for him. Then a very senior woman whose husband was away fishing started talking to me about all kinds of things. She probably just needed someone to talk to and both Kathy and I seem to have an invisible sign posted on us saying nice people to talk to. It seems to happen all the time.
A sculpted shrub.
Now the time was nearing supper so we finally stopped at Taco Bell where we had tacos and a soft drink for supper. We did some people watching before we finally left to fuel up the truck. I was surprised that the last time we’d done that was the end of December. A stop at Dollar General scratched a number of things off our shopping list before going to Home Depot and finishing our shopping for today.  

Back at the trailer we now had the chore of putting everything where it belonged and got ready for another freezing night in Florida. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Some racehorses were boasting about their track record.

"In the last 15 races, I've won 8 of them!" said one of them.

"Oh that's good, but in the last 36 races, I've won 28!" said another.

"I don't mean to boast," chipped in a greyhound, who was listening,

"but in my last 90 races, I've won 88 of them!"

The horses were amazed. "Wow!" said one, after a hushed silence. "A talking dog!" 

3 comments:

  1. It is just amazing how far down this cold weather is moving.

    HAHAHA...good one in the Krackers corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your water don't freeze up... can't believe how cold it's been down there! It better warm up before we get there???

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just not having good luck with weather this year, yet, Maybe feb and march will be better.

    ReplyDelete