It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

This is so new !

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

It's hard to believe that Kathy and I are now part of the RV Blogging community. If you had said a year ago that we'd be doing this, I'd have walked away thinking you were dreaming. This is all, so new to us. Having people like Rick Doyle, from Rick & Paulette's RV Travels and many others welcoming us to Blogland. It really feels good.

We've been following the RV Blogs for a couple of years, and never thought that other RVers would be reading something we had writen. It's amazing how you can relate to what others are experiencing, and vice versa. There is something special about RVers, that even when you meet each other for the first time, it's like your talking to an old friend you've known forever.

After my blog yesterday, where I commented about having to clean the snow off the wood so we could see the lines to cut it. I recieved a comment from Al  Bossence of the Bayfield Bunch  that they must have got out of Dodge just on time. Well Al, we ended up with just a dusting, but from what I heard Bayfield was a little whiter than we were.

We went to install the new AC covers on the trailer today, and against Kathy's wishes I climb up to the roof. I figured I've worked on high windy jobs all my career, no problem. Problem, the wind was blowing fairly steady about 35 mph. I didn't have a safety harness on, and if I did, there was no place to secure it. I was practically crawling on the roof. Once I stretched the cover over the AC unit, panic struck. The cover could fit a unit one and a half times the size of our units. The wind was blowing them up like balloons on the roof of the trailer and I couldn't tighten them anymore. Needless to say that job didn't get finished.

Next we returned the covers to our RV dealer and ordered new ones. Hopefully when they come in the wind will be a bit less forceful

Next we picked up the cabinet extension we constructed yesterday at our son's. It looked great, only thing, it wasn't totally dry. So we put a cover over the back seat of the truck, and figured it would be dry by the time we got home. It was dry, but the smell from the stain was making both Kathy and I sick. Instead of bringing the shelf into the apartment and stinking it up, it's still out in the truck as I type this post.

After supper we had a pleasant surprise, our granddaughter Kylla stopped by for visit. When I was growing up computors were SiFi, Maxwell Smart was using a shoe phone, and cameras would use film that had to be sent away to be developed. Kylla stops for her visit, and her IPhone won't stop going off with text messaging.

So Grampa took a picture and posted it, without having to get it developed. All this is sooo new.

It's about time.

1 comment:

  1. nice to join a blog in the beginning!!..modern technology is a great thing!!!

    ReplyDelete