It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Unplanned Visit.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

With all the Aches and Pains I’ve been feeling lately I set the Alarm so I’d get up early this morning to go to the Gym. It’s ironic that when I don’t set the Alarm I sleep in, but this morning my eyes opened to see the Clock showing Three Minutes before the Alarm was set to go off.

I thought that I’d be at the Gym early until I had to start scraping a hard Frost off the windows. The Car does not have the Remote Start like the Truck. Fifteen Minutes later feeling chilled I was finally heading for Planet Fitness.

Arriving just after 7:00 there were quite a few people already working out. Rene was the first to ask how I was doing but congratulating me for even making the effort to go whenever possible. Since it’s been over Three Weeks since my last visit I was struggling. I only managed a full Cardio Workout and a single set of my Free Weight Routine. If I can at least make it every week I should be back to my Full Routines within a Month.

With the Old Dresser still in the back of the Car I had Planned to go to the Storage Unit by myself and unload it. My Workout had relieved my discomforts, but also wore me out since I didn’t have breakfast or a snack. I headed back home.

Walking in the Apartment by 9:30 I found Kathy already at the Computer. She’d had a restless night. After setting my gear to dry I joined her.

Since we didn’t have any breakfast, we headed out to Arby’s, where we used a Coupon for lunch. It was nice People Watching like we used to do before Covid changed our lives.

We arrived at Belle River Nursing Home after 1:00. First thing we needed to do was be tested for Coronavirus before we could visit. That is to keep the residents safe. When we finally got the green light we headed off to find my Aunt Anna’s room. Our first visits here was during Coronavirus where Kathy and I stood in the Flower Garden outside while talking to her inside. The last time we all gathered in the Party Room inside the Front Entrance. I led Kathy down the hall only to have to turn around and head back. A Nurse who saw us the first time directed us down a different hall.

Since I had Planned Visits with her before, then had to Cancel at the last minute, this time we just showed up. She was all smiles and happy to see us. We had lots to talk about including showing her pictures of the welding I’ve been doing lately. (I’ll find a way to show you those pictures also.) She was impressed but also concerned that I’m still working at my age. Around 2:00 my cousin Jackie came in to visit her Mom. It just made the visit even more interesting when we started talking about visiting at our Grandparents Farm in our younger years. It was past 3:30 when we gave Hugs with promises to pop in when we can.

After moving things around in the Storage Unit, at Guardian Storage, with a little bit of help from Kathy we soon had the Dresser inside where I will refinish it.

A quick stop at Pioneer gas station had me topping off the Car with Gasoline for $1.609/Litre ($6.09/US Gallon). This will ensure Kathy can run all her errands without any problems.

We did a quick trip down the Food Aisles at Dollarama, picking up things from our Shopping List that they had in stock.

Using more Coupons, we went to Harvey’s for supper. Again, we had the chance to People Watch as we ate.

We had to stop at a second Dollarama, closer to our building to finish getting things from our List. That seems to be normal when we wait until Sunday Afternoon to do our shopping.

We had everything put away before our delayed 6 o’clock Local News came on. This was due to the same Golf Tournament in Arizona that Pre-empted yesterday’s news. Our temperature reached a high of 48 F (9 C). We’ve got a few more mild days heading our way before Seasonal Temperatures return.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton Author

7 comments:

  1. Since you mentioned it what are your ages? I am 76.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am 6 yrs older than my wonderful husband! I am very proud of that because I can always tell him to respect his elder! Which he does anyway. He is still pretty active but people think he is older than me and I truly like that too! Don't worry Barney your still younger than me! Take care Kathy from It's about time!

      Delete
    2. Thank you. It puts things occasionally mentioned on the blog in better context,

      Delete
  2. The gas price is not too bad for Canada standards, but it's better here in Center Hill Florida @ $3.17/gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. We waved to you at the 18th ⛳ hole we had are signs up saying come back to Quartzsite.
    We got diesel ⛽ yesterday for $4.19
    Take care and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be back but have lots to do to make our new to us trailer ready to go! It takes time and money to do that so Rick gets to do it when he is not working. It has been so cold to work even inside the trailer and I know because I have tried it a few times. We can wait until the weather changes now.

      Delete
  4. Lovely that you got that nice and long visit in with Aunt Anna. I'm sure that it made her day, plus gave her lots to think about in the days to come. Just reading about all you do in a day both at home and at a work makes me tired.

    ReplyDelete