It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Saw It Coming and Unmanageable Machine.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When I was told to just blend the edges on a Feedscrew yesterday I told Mile he would be having me build it up again today. I must have had a Crystal Ball because an Hour after the start of today’s shift guess what I was told to do. Of course, he didn’t like being reminded so next time I’ll simply do it my way.

One of the advantages of sitting in a Small Plant while doing delicate TIG Welding is you can hear things happening around you. I mentioned yesterday how we were running out of Argon because our Supplier said they had no Electrical Power. While sitting, concentrating on the task at hand, I could hear the clanging of Compressed Air Cylinders being moved around in our compound. That put a smile on my face. Once I had finished the job as I was winding up the TIG Welder I found the Argon Cylinder had just gone empty. Good Timing!

I managed to load a Left-Handed Metric Feedscrew into the PTA that I was told was “Past Due” but there was no Date written on the Tag. Since it was a larger Unit, I made certain to have everything ready for an early start tomorrow but then it happened. As I ran a Test to see if the Torch would follow the Numbers, it started wandering off wherever it wanted. Everything was double checked, but I had the same results. It could be an interesting shift tomorrow.

It was 3:36 when I punched out. Kathy was happy to see me in the Apartment shortly after 4:00. The Wind had nearly blown her off her feet earlier but when I came in there was no Wind at all. As we were talking about our day, I suddenly felt extremely Tired. The next thing I knew it was nearly 5:30. I must have needed it.

Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken on Vegetable Rice for supper.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

If you ever resort to violence there is one thing that you must never do, and that is to lose.  

Dwight D. Eisenhower, 34th President of the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment