It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Good and Bad.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt wonderful to sleep in this morning and I didn’t Plan on going anywhere early. Even with the reduced hours at work, the commitment at being there every day takes its toll.

Breakfast was a Pastry and Coffees that we brought to the Computers. It was ironic that just the other day I was explaining to some of the Machinists at work that it can dip below the Freezing Mark at night in the Arizona desert. Having experienced it firsthand then reading it in the Blogs we follow was no surprise. What did surprise me was that the cold was reaching down into Mexico. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be again making that trek back to the Southwest in the near future.

Lunch was a combination of comfort and cleaning up. We had Chicken and Rice Soup along with Leftover Cantaloupe and Tuxedo Cake for dessert. The one warmed us up while the other made room in the Fridge. We did have another Coffee before heading out the door.

I mentioned how I was told that the Batteries for my Automatic Welding Shield were in the store but would be processed overnight. I did not want to arrive there later to find they had all been sold. We returned to Princess Auto only to find the Shelf still empty. The Shipper that would have processed them did not make it in because of the Sxxwstorm. Other Employees tried looking through everything that had been received unsuccessfully. They gave me a Discount since I wanted Two Packages of Five Batteries for $9.99 each and they will be sent directly to our Mailing Address by the end of the week.

That’s a good thing and a bad thing. Good that I saved money and don’t have to return to the store. Bad that I still need a Battery before the end of the week. We drove across the street to Canadian Tire where I was able to buy a single Battery for $10.99. I won’t be opening that package unless I need to.

After all that walking Kathy was feeling her sugar drop and needed something to eat. We went to A&W where she had a Chicken Wrap, and I had a Mozza Burger. Of course, we had a couple of Root Beers to go with that.

Feeling refreshed we stopped at Dollarama and Zehr’s grocery store to get the few groceries we needed. At our building we used our Folding Shopping Cart to bring all our purchases up to the Apartment, but we are now ready for whatever the weather will be.

The Sun making an appearance today.

The 6 o’clock Local News confirmed more White Landscaping on the way.

We enjoyed a couple of Hallmark Movies this evening. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your idea of heaven involves two shotguns and a keg of beer.

3 comments:

  1. So far, since December we've managed to stay above the freezing mark, some days not by much at all. At least it won't last. You need to get down here! 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next couple of days here won't get much above freezing, and there will be sleet...two days inside for me! Which is OK. As long as I've got the heat going. Now where I MUST go. (I'd prefer snow, but they say nope.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following some YouTube channels of the folks camping out in Quartzsite and it has been cold and windy. Hopefully, I can make it next year and run into you and Kathy.

    ReplyDelete