It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

It Wasn’t Tirade Tuesday But.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

If you are a reader that remembers my last workplace, you would remember me talking about Tirade Tuesdays on almost a weekly basis. With this being Tuesday and a trying one at that I thought you’d get a chuckle.

We managed to get to bed early enough last night that I started staring at the ceiling a Half Hour before the Alarm was set this morning. After Twenty Minutes I simply got up to start my day. When I looked out the Window and could not see the vehicles in the parking lot I thought it was a good thing to leave early. It didn’t take long to be heading down the road Ten Minutes earlier than normal.

It was nice seeing vehicles driving with some sense of responsibility rather then speeding by without knowing what was ahead. The Traffic Lights that were out yesterday were again working but suddenly traffic came to a stop. There was a Slow Moving Freight Train. In order to stay alert I finally started counting the number of cars though I had missed quite a few. As time dragged on I stopped counting when I reached a Hundred. There are never long Trains especially at this time of day. There were easily another Hundred Cars with traffic stopped for a Half Hour.

The rest of the commute was slow but I still punched in before 6:00. When I went to check in with Mile I found out he’d been delayed by the same Train just further up the line.

I did a few repairs with the TIG while the Feedscrew I had in the PTA was heating up. As yesterday it was after 7:30 before the welding began that required constant monitoring. Somehow the Consecutive Flight took less time, so before noon I was down to welding the last Mixer Flight. Since the other Four had run smoothly I left it unattended and went to prepare the Sandbox. When I returned Two Minutes later I was not happy. The PTA had changed the Zone meaning it started on the path I wanted it to follow then when I left it took a Shortcut across the Feedscrew. Everything had welded perfectly up to that point. I was reminded where the extra weld was would be machined out anyways.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunchtime she was busy reorganizing the Storage Room in our Apartment. I mentioned there might be a chance I could leave at the end of the shift if nothing Popped Up.

Back on the floor I loaded the last Feedscrew of this design in the PTA before starting repairs that were starting to pile up on skids. Two were simple and quick but the third has been a Nightmare. Feedscrews are made of different types of metals depending what their use is. This one was made with Comoly Material which has a long wear life but can be very Brittle. I have been constantly chasing Cracks on this Unit and Mile the Owner wanted me to just continue fixing them. Jovo the Lead Machinist took a hammer and gave a light tap to it only to see it shatter like glass. Better it happen here than at the customer’s. As Mile stood with his mouth open while I explained how I could blend Stainless Steel, with Comoly and Carbon Fillers in order to solve our problem. It was 5:00 when I punched out.

The drive home was worse then going to work. The Fog was more intense but there were some drivers that didn’t care.

We had more Beef Brisket on Buns for supper.

The 6:o’clock Local News said our temperatures will become more seasonal.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

There are more than ten lawsuits currently pending against your dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment