It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Expensive Cleaning, Giving My Eyes A Rest and It’s Back.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I slept in until 6:00 this morning. Not wanting to go back and forth between the First and Second Floor Laundry Rooms because most of the machines are not working we thought that I would go to the Laundromat we had checked out last night. I sorted and treated everything before hauling the Laundry Baskets out to the Car.

The Laundromat opened at 7:30 but when I arrived Fifteen Minutes later there were already people washing their clothes. What I didn’t check out last night was all the new Front Load Washing Machines. The last time we were here half their Washers were top load. This means you pay more for a smaller load but at least their Dryers get the job done in a Half Hour.

It was past 10:30 by the time I got back to the Apartment. Kathy had finished her chores and was just sitting down at her Computer. She took a break to help put her clothes away.

When it neared noon we chose to make more room in the Freezer by finishing the last of the Perogies for lunch with a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

We barely got back to the Computers when my phone rang. It was the Dealership with news that we’ve been waiting for. The Window Motor came in this morning and the Truck was ready to go. Since we had an appointment this afternoon we’d pick it up later.

The January 6th Committee came on around 1:00 and the Witnesses today were Three Prominent Republican Politicians. They each had a chance to express in their own words what had taken place before being questioned by the Committee. Kathy watched it in its entirety while my eyes suddenly closed due to my early morning.

It was past 3:30 when I woke and when I mentioned the errands we needed to run we were soon scrambling.

We headed out the door around 4:00 making our first stop at Rose City Ford. After speaking to them yesterday they pressured the Parts Department to find the Motor. This morning they were just starting to line their jobs up for the day when it arrived. Once the Paperwork was signed we said we’d pick it up after our appointment.

Using the Expressway it took Ten Minutes to cross town but instead of going for our appointment we made another stop. Armed with the new address for Vital-Aire I had gone On-Line last night to scout out their new location. Kathy was amazed that I drove there as if I knew where I was going. When I showed Tiara the invoice it only took seconds to see I’d been overcharged. I also mentioned the increasing problem that I’m having with my CPAP Machine. She made notes and will speak with their Technician tomorrow.

It took less then Five Minutes to drive over to Fantastic Sam’s for our Haircuts. Our Hair has really been growing with the warmer temperatures to the point that Kathy has been trimming her’s. It didn’t take long and Julia to straighten it up making us both look and feel human again.

It was past 6:00 so we stopped at Wendy’s for our lite but satisfying meal. We had Grilled Chicken Wraps, Small Chocolate Frosties and Seniors Soft Drinks.

Even though the Body Shop was closed we stopped at Rose City Ford and picked up the Truck that was parked out front. Kathy followed me with the Car. It felt good backing it into its designated parking spot at our building.

It was past 7:00 when we walked into the Apartment. We’ll try to get an early start tomorrow.

I’ve mentioned many times how I compare temperatures between Windsor and Quartzsite. I remember Boondocking in the desert and see warmer temperatures back in Windsor during the Winter. Today The Weather Network showed our temperature 93 F (34 C) with a lower than normal Humidity that felt more like 108 F (42 C). When I compared it to Quartzsite their actual temperature was 106 F (41 C) but with their extremely low Humidity it felt like 99 F (37 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I find it ironic that the colours red, white and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got your truck back! Haircuts always make you feel better :0 Congratulations on your 135th donation!

    ReplyDelete