It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Whirlwind Of Chores and Errands On My Day Off.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I’ve noted that changing my sleep patterns on the weekends tends to cause more problems then it’s worth. The idea is to catch up on lost sleep but instead we are trying to reprogram our Biological Internal Clocks. Being retired anyone can do just that without any ill affects but if you have to be at work every day of the week it is not good. Even adjusting my sleep by an Hour for the Saturday shift had a few setbacks but by doing it Two Days in a row the body seems to except it as part of a routine.

As a way of testing that theory I set the Alarm last night for my Saturday shift in an attempt at accomplishing things here. Every Two Weeks I do up the Laundry so before going to bed I moved the Hamper to the living room so Kathy could sleep undisturbed. After a Banana for a snack I sorted and treated the clothing that so needed it.

After getting things going in the Washers I headed back to the Apartment to enjoy an English Muffin with Kathy for breakfast. It also allowed for me to clean out the Bathtub of the residue caused from prewashing my Coveralls in a Pail before taking them to the Laundry Room.

Getting back in time to move the Clothes to the Dryers I was upset to find One Washer had only put a Cup of water in before shutting down and Another kept filling the tub with rinse water. With Two loads in the Dryers and Two loads being rewashed I headed back upstairs again.

I used this time to indulge in an Epson Salts Foot Bath. There is just something about that which takes all the pain from your feet.

After playing Musical Chairs with the Laundry I finally had it all folded and put away by 11:00. If I had started closer to 9:00 chances are great that there would have been others to share the room with.

We had Italian Wedding Soup for lunch along with the Leftover Cantaloupe, some Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds and a Rice Crispy Square for dessert.

With our Shopping List in hand we were soon heading out the door. Our first stop was our Climate Controlled Storage Unit at Guardian Storage. Kathy needed some boxes and containers moved so that she won’t injure herself trying to do it. I also gathered a few more Tools that are only collecting dust while they would be handy at work. It suddenly dawned on me that One particular Tool that I was looking to find was in my Toolboxes that were stolen in an Earlier Break-In to the Plant.

Next we headed to Dollarama where they again had the Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) that for months none of the local outlets carried. The fact that it taste so much like the Alcoholic Blend satisfies our craving while not breaking the bank and does not work against Kathy’s Medications. We are slowly rebuilding our stockpile so that when they again hit a dry spell we won’t suffer.

At Zehr’s grocery store we got the Produce, Meat, Dairy and Frozen Foods we needed.

Since I have been needing that particular Tool that was stolen we then headed to Canadian Tire. I was in for a Sticker Shock when the Brand Name of those Pliers was more then Double the Price of the Store Brand. It’s not like they are used a lot so I save the money and went with the Store Brand which has a Lifetime Warranty.

Luckily there were Shopping Carts downstairs when we arrived at our building to haul our purchases up. We finished putting everything away just on time for the 6 o’clock Local News. They never reported any Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today felt like 59 F (15 C).

It was nearly 7:00 when we sat down for a very lite supper. We shared a small Tourtiere that took all of Three Minutes to cook in the Microwave. This was a new brand to us but will go on the List of Quick Meals we could have in the Freezer. We also had an Orange Juice and Date Square to top off our meal.

Tomorrow we both have a busy afternoon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

2 comments:

  1. My father in law had a Cdn Tire ratchet break, under warranty. As they don't sell that ratchet individually any more, they gave him the whole kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not being Canadian, I had to look up tourtiere. It sounded good! And evidently you can get good ones already made. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete