It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 18, 2021

Pleasant Interaction and Cutting It Close.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Getting back into a routine after a weekend or even just a day off can sometimes be tricky but because I set my alarm yesterday it was an easy transition. Paul didn’t unlock the door until 6:30 this morning which made it a bit of a challenge to get set up on time. With lower temperatures today most of the Doors and all of the Windows were kept shut.

While doing my Morning Walk Around I noticed from my Soapstone Markings that it was time to grease the Motors and Pumps. First I went about checking as many of the Carriers at a glance to be certain they would do what they were supposed to and so the Supervisor could not complain.

In answer to a Comment the Carriers are designed to carry Auto Parts that go through the Wash, Paint, (sometimes get Powder Coated) then Dried. The Parts are brought in from Stamping Plants then sent to the Auto Assembly Plants to become part of a new vehicle.

I was half way through greasing along the Washer when Kharen came along. Asking what I was working on I responded my Monthly Greasing Duty. Surprisingly he was cordial but said he had something else for me to do after.

It took about an Hour before I finished. I had to go check out an Exhaust Fan that was not functioning. Paul had told me that it was not being used but now Kharen is saying that it is. The Motor and Fan rotated freely so other then adjusting the tension on the Belt I just closed it up. We checked the Main Panel that showed Power going out so now we’ll have to check the Motor again.

Not being able to see Kharen around I started hauling the Pipe, Fittings and Tools upstairs on the Mezzanine to plumb the Compressor. The set-up and clean-up took longer then the job itself. Having spent extra time measuring then making the Pipes exact everything went together perfectly. That is strange that you can be more exact on Metal Piping then on Plastic Piping.

I sat at the outside Picnic Table for lunch and was surprised how Cool it felt. Talking to Kathy she had to wear her Jacket while out running errands before heading to Amherstburg for a Dental Appointment.

The Parts that Paul and I ordered on Friday finally came in this afternoon. After checking and finding a few mistakes that will have to be rectified tomorrow when Paul returns I started cutting the Pipes so they can be threaded in the morning.

When it came time to punch out I had to be on time. I had to get a Blood Test done for an upcoming Doctor’s Appointment. The fact that I was driving in Rush-Hour Traffic only added Five Minutes to my drive. With Fifteen Minutes to spare before they closed for the day I got my test taken.

It was 4:30 by the time I walked into the Apartment. According to Kathy she had just gotten in Five Minutes before. She also had traffic delays due to Trains.

Wanting a quick meal we had a Store Bought Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported the Coronavirus Cases for the last Three Days without breaking them down for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today felt like 64 F (18 C). Tomorrow could be the last comfortable day we’ll see until Spring and it’s also Tuesday.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You watch "The Dukes Of Hazard" and have to find someone to explain it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment