It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 11, 2020

Dooo, Sleepless In Windsor, Worked Up, Our Problem Is Bell’s Problem, Dinner With Our Friend and Impending Shutdown.

Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Just when I was seconds away from having an early post last night my Computer started dragging its anchor. Even after the Blog was finally published it was taking forever to simply close files. The best I could do was run a Scan. It would definitely take all night so it was a good thing it was past my time to go to bed.

With that kind of logic I thought that I had it made. Sleep all night then wake up to my machine running like it should in the morning. What I ended up with was constant tossing and turning that finally had me getting up. I know I mentioned the other day how it actually affects how our partner’s sleep is but with the Aches and Pains I was feeling in my Back there was no choice.

With my Computer still scanning itself at 3:30 I spent the next Hour and a Half trying to nap in my Recliner. I actually think I nodded off for a few minutes but with the Back Pain gone it was time to go back to bed.

I was up by 8:00 and felt like it was time to go to bed. It was taking forever to get my Computer back up and running. Kathy joined me just before 8:30 this morning where we had Toast for breakfast.

You can see the Frost on the Windows and Roofs.

By 9:00 the Orthopaedic Surgeon’s Office called about setting up appointments for Kathy’s Knee Injections. They started by saying these were not covered under our Health Care Coverage and they were $400.00 for each for Three Injections. Kathy said her Knee was not that bad at this time and she would pass. The kicker is that if she were getting a Knee Replacement the entire thing would be covered.

My Computer even now is not running like it should. Kathy had managed to finish her normal morning reading before I even got started.

Lunch was Italian Wedding Soup with Orange Slices, Maple Cookies and Yogurt Cups for dessert. As soon as we finished eating we cleaned up the Dishes and Kitchen.

It seemed that by standing at the counter helped my stomach settle quicker so I was able to start exercising much sooner. Taking my time I was able to complete Three Sets of my entire routine. Even with a little stiffness at this time there is no Aches or Pain.

There were a few other calls that were easily taken care of. Yesterday I mentioned that I had set up Voice Mail on our Cell Phones. When I went to check if they were working today I received the same message we were receiving on our Home Phone. When the Bell technician called as a follow-up to yesterday’s call I explained about our Home and Cell Phone Messages. He said we were not alone and the problem was that Bell needed to upgrade their Messaging Computers but instead were working on fixing the problem with existing equipment.

After a shower to freshen up we were soon heading out the door. I tried calling in a Takeout Order only to receive a message that said “The Mailbox I was calling was Full and I should try again”.

Our Sunset today.

Our destination was the nearby Michigan Diner to pick up supper for Three. When we got in the Drive-Thru lane there were only Three Cars ahead of us and it went quickly. We were told we should have called back and we would have gotten through to areal live person so our order would be ready when we arrived. We ordered, parked off to the side for Ten Minutes and they brought our food out to us. We put it in Double Thermo Shopping Bags to keep it Hot.

It was 5:30 when we walked in to our friend Vera’s Condo. Vera only goes to Doctor’s Appointments when she really needs to but other then that stays home and is starting to go stir crazy from staying in. You might remember we visited with her outside and in her Condo while out ridding our Tandem Bicycle this Summer. Since we’ve restricted ourselves to only getting Groceries and following Recommended Restrictions we are limiting ourselves to any kind of exposure.

We enjoyed having our meal together and visiting afterwards. It was 9:00 when we were leaving and Vera wished we could have stayed longer. Loneliness is a terrible thing.

Back at the Apartment we both got comfortable before going on the Computers. Mine is continuing to take forever to do simple things so it will probably end up in the shop after the New Year. On the 11 o’clock Local News they confirmed there were 111 New Coronavirus Cases just today. With that the Provincial Government has pushed Four areas of the Province back to Essential Services Only until there is a dramatic drop in the numbers taking effect at 12:01 Monday Morning. Windsor/Essex is one of those areas. I can imagine the stores will be swamped this weekend.

We’ll see what we can do tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You search your computer monitor for the dial that changes channels.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having such a hard time sleeping. I know the feeling. Computer woes don't help. I'm in the same boat!! It seems the companies would rather do repairs than upgrade due to the cost. Can't blame them I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes you just feel like taking a sledge hammer to the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you delete your browsing history and cache it could make a big difference to how your computer runs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very sweet of you two to take Vera dinner and have a nice visit. You're right about the loneliness :(

    ReplyDelete