It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 20, 2019

Working The Kinks Out Old School.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After taking an Extra Strength Tylenol before going to bed last night I had no problems whatsoever sleeping until this morning. The problem was that I slept until 8:30 and barely stepped into the kitchen when Kathy joined me.

After making it a Second Cup Morning at the Computers I headed out to retrieve what had been left in the Car yesterday. According to The Weather Network the outside temperature was right at the Freezing Mark but with the Wind that was blowing off the river it felt like it was cutting right through me.

Back inside I was able to find the Exercise Clothes that I needed. We shared a Toasted Cheese Sandwich with our Vegetable Soup for lunch and a Banana for dessert.

Kathy noticed that I wasn’t quite moving the way I normally do and when she asked why was told because I was in Pain. That was when she told me to go to the Gym. I didn’t argue and was soon on my way to Planet Fitness. I’ve never been to a Gym of this magnitude and I have been in many. Most didn’t compare to the Workout Room that we had in the Plant that I worked but this was just amazing.

There were a lot of Strength and Cardio Machines but they also had plenty of Old School Free Weights that I could use. While I was using a Barbell to do what is called an Upward Row a couple of the Trainers said they hadn’t seen anyone do that in ages. Like I said “Old School”. I was there less then Two Hours because I didn’t want to overdo it this time but by the time I walked out there wasn’t a pain in my body.

Kathy had started our supper in the Crock Pot before going through our Files and getting rid of outdated documents.

After unpacking my Tote Bag I started going through Receipts and entering them in our Expenditure Spreadsheet. I didn’t realize there were so many piling up.

Supper was Baby Back Ribs, half a Potato and Peas. It all tasted Wonderful.

After watching the 6 o’clock Local News I continued doing more Data Entries on our Spreadsheet until 8:00 when we watched a Hallmark Christmas Movie. Tomorrow looks like it will be a much busier day. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever strapped a Christmas tree to the roof of a Trans AM.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you found a gym that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your motivation. At the moment, I have zero!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly stay very busy! Old school is a great way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on joining and actually going to the gym. I can not say the same for myself the many moons ago when I joined one but could not get motivated to actually attend.

    I need a refresher course on Excel so I can also keep up with my expenditures doing it by hand is definitively "old school".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started doing a budget spreadsheet when we started fulltiming in 2010. Even now I continue it. This is a habit I kept. Dieting is a habit I didn't.

    Nice that you keep the gym habit.

    ReplyDelete