It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Getting A Bargain, Wonderful Visit and Lots Of Christmas Lights.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

We both slept like Rocks last night and since Kathy didn’t sleep that well the night before she needed extra time in bed this morning.
As soon as I got up the first thing I did like every day is to look at our Vehicles in the parking lot. As soon as I saw the Frost on the Windshields I knew that it was cold outside and when I checked The Weather Network they verified my suspicions.
Since we had plans for later this afternoon we didn’t get involved with the Grout Cleaning today.
For lunch we changed it around a bit by having Italian Wedding Soup along with a Cheese Stick then a Yogurt Cup and a couple of Cookies for desert.

After Kathy washed the Dishes she felt like she could use a Snap. So as not to disturb her I went to check our Mail Box. We are still using the Storage Yard as our Legal Address so the only thing we get here is Junk Mail, Flyers and Coupons. Not knowing how much exercise we’d get in today I walked down Seven Flights of Stairs. Today we hit the Jackpot. I then walked back up Seven Flights of Stairs to our Apartment. Our neighbour Ed couldn’t believe I used the stairs like that.

Once Kathy was awake we headed off to Canadian Tire. They had a Special Purchase of DeWalt Power ToolsOn Sale” for less then Half Price. They also had a One Day Special (Today) that if you spent $X.00 before Taxes you would get a $50.00 In-Store Coupon to use starting tomorrow. We had to buy a Chocolate Bar in order to make the purchase over $X.00 to get the Coupon that we’ve already got plans for.

One of the Coupons that came in the Mail today was from Arby’s. Having a Roast Beef Sandwich for supper tonight was a pleasant change.

From there we headed for the Expressway as we were heading to Amherstburg. We were witnessing a beautiful Sunset but realized we had forgotten the Camera at the Apartment.

We visited with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa. As usual we had a wonderful visit that had us laughing a number of times. Before we left I headed to the back of their lot where our Garden Shed is located. As soon as I opened the Door there was my Work-Mate Bench that I had been searching for in our Storage Unit last week.

After hugs we were on our way to the No-Frills grocery store where we picked up a few needed food items. This store is much bigger then the one in Windsor so we found everything on our List.

As we headed up 18 Highway we were upset about not having the Camera because there were lots of houses that had gone all out with their Christmas Lights. We might just have to make another trip just for pictures. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your company car is your family car with a pizza sign on the roof.

9 comments:

  1. Lots of deals to be had this time of year. You sure have to hang onto your wallet.
    Watch out you don't end up with another tool shed full of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you got a good bargain. I love it when I can save money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of houses in Amherstburg on the way out of town that I'm sure you saw...some are really bright and done well. You'll have to check out the River Lights when it's not too cold and windy. Really worth the walk down at the Navy Yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those Christmas deals. Brrrrr it sure is cold there. Hitting those steps is probably the best exercise you can get. Good job getting up that many flights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to spend time with family. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I don't take my camera, that's when I'm always sorry! I love bargains too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't post on your blog very often but I do read it every day. Seven flights of stairs? That caught my attention. Good for you! Buying a candy bar to spend enough money for a coupon? I've done that. Funny how those candy bars are always right by the register. Arby's? Good for you. I love Arby's. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good day for getting bargains. On the way home last night we had a wonderful sunset, also. I had my camera but just enjoyed it sometimes that is the best way to enjoy it. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are influencing me to clip our restaurant coupons! I can't believe you walk up/down 7 floors. I used to walk 4 floors when the kids were babies but, now, my knee probably would complain mightily.

    ReplyDelete