It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Doucettes Done and Christmas Concert.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

By the time I got to bed last night I could barely keep my eyes open and fell asleep within minutes. The problem was that I kept waking throughout the night. Just when I thought that taking an Extra Strength Tylenol would help I finally fell into a deep sleep. It was such a deep sleep that it was nearly 9:00 when I looked at the Clock. Looking outside the sky was one solid Cloud and the temperatures agreed.
It wasn’t long that we were having breakfast then doing a fast check of things on the Computers before carrying on with our morning chores. My plan had been to do our Pill Doucettes this morning but even though I didn’t dawdle drinking my Coffee because I slept in that wasn’t about to happen.
We worked together to make an early lunch. Kathy made a Caesars Salad while I grilled up a couple of Salmon Patties. It was all tasty and we washed it down with our second Coffee of the day.
When I counted our Vitamins and Prescription Medication the other day there were a few Vitamins we would be short on. I did Kathy’s Doucettes first making certain that she had the full count. Since I do Forty-Five Days worth of Meds at a time it was easy to spread the shortcomings throughout my Doucettes. The next time I repeat this process will be near the end of January and I’ll have replenished our supplies by then.
The Brass Section on the Floor with the Guitarist on the Stage.
Since we had plans for this evening once I was finished doing the Doucettes and cleaned up I had to adjust the Numbers on the Spreadsheet in order to keep it accurate. That is always the final step of this process.
The Jazz section. Brass, Drums and Guitars.
I then read Comments on yesterday’s Blog Post about working out in a Gym. For years I kept telling myself that I needed to get to a Gym but due to so many Work Injuries was finding it impossible to do. The day before my Fortieth Birthday I suffered another Neck Injury that threatened to end my career. Fortunately I was sent to a Physio Therapist that did not just treat the latest Injury but all the ones from the past as well. At the time I was Overweight and Out of Shape.
Today's Sunset over the Detroit River.
I was back to work within Two Weeks but still being sent for Therapy. I also made time to use the small Workout Room that was in the Plant. It had been negotiated in our Contracts for this purpose. Once the Therapy was over I started using the Workout Room before and after my shift as well as during my lunch break. Eight months after the Injury on New Years Eve when I stepped on the Scale I had dropped 104 Pounds. After the New Year I continued to shrink but my weigh slowly crept up because Muscle weighs more the Fat.
By being Fit I was no longer getting Injured. There were a few set backs over the years and I seemed to have found some of that lost weight. I’ll never get RIPPED as someone suggested but by keeping myself in shape I am also keeping myself healthier.
We headed out just before 5:00 this evening and stopped at Burger King where we had a couple of Junior Whopper Combos at a reduced price because we had Coupons.
This was just Guitarists playing in the concert.
We then drove to Tecumseh and the Lessor High School to meet our daughter-in-law Jen. Haigan was with his Mom and anxious to see his brother Connor perform in the Christmas Concert. This is a French Immersion School so Kathy and I were left in the dark as to what was being said but recognized many of the songs by the Music. Jack and Sue Jen’s parents also showed up to cheer on these budding young musicians.
(L-R) Jack, Haigan, Sue, Connor and Jen.
There were Twenty-Five Guitar Players counting Connor that played a number of Songs. There was also the Classic part of the Group that consisted of the Brass Horns and Drums. The Jazz groups even accompanied a young Female Vocalist. The cost of all this was just a donation to help cover the cost of purchasing more Sheet Music for future classes.
Haigan, Kathy, Connor and Myself.
When all the entertainment was over we had a short visit with everyone there before heading for home. Maybe tomorrow we might get back on track. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses.

7 comments:

  1. You are so organized! Haigan is a cutie! And that rogue with Kathy looks like he can be quite a trickster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. French immersion school? Never heard of it before. I took French for four years and haven't used it once. That would have been fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful concert! Great pic of you and your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was a great concert I see. Sounds like those early injuries did you a favor. Losing 104 pounds is a great accomplishment and has addressed to your life. Still looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was a great concert I see. Sounds like those early injuries did you a favor. Losing 104 pounds is a great accomplishment and has addressed to your life. Still looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, losing 104 lbs is no small feat and glad you were able to keep it off. On your picture today you look thin and fit.

    ReplyDelete