It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Too Many Blood Donors, Looking Around Tents And Trailers and Dropping In On Happy Hour To Meet Fellow Bloggers.


Our Location today is Phoenix International Speedway, Avondale, Arizona, U.S.A. 

With the typical “Generators must be off by 10:00 pm” rule we both managed to sleep like a couple of logs. Having gotten up early by the alarm yesterday morning might have also helped in our ability to sleep that soundly. We had gotten prepared for the worst and had also set up our Honda but thankfully didn’t have to turn it on. Because we both use CPAP Machines to sleep at night the first thing I did this morning was to check our Remote Battery Monitor. When I saw that we already had a reading of 12.7 Volts the next thing I did was to open the window shades to see the Sun was shining in all its splendor. 
After having our breakfast we didn’t waste too much time at getting out the door. Being a regular Blood Donor the last time I donated blood was while we were in Casa Grande in November where there was a clinic being held. While we were in Quartzsite the closest donor clinic was back here in the Phoenix area. 
Using our GPS to travel this maze of roads we were soon travelling the backroads and highways of Avondale. It took us thirty-five minutes after leaving the Speedway before we arrived. Kathy had planned on sitting in the truck reading while I went in to make my donation. Walking in the front door of the Southwest Blood Services building I was quite impressed at the large size of the clinic and how filled it was with donors. When the receptionist told me if I didn’t have an appointment they couldn’t take my blood today I was shocked. The best they could do was schedule me in for the middle of next week. Even though I did not make an appointment next winter I will be more mindful of doing so. I also encourage anyone wanting to Donate Blood to do so as it will help to save someone’s life. 
Heading back towards the Raceway we made brief stops at Walmart and Hobby Lobby for things needed by Kathy to complete a project. It was noon by that point and there was a Five Guys burger outlet across the parking lot so we walked over for lunch. It didn’t take long for Kathy to remember the Shelled Peanuts there for the customer’s consumption. She also remembered how I ordered my burger stacked with Jalapeno Peppers. 
Turning the GPS back on we were soon nearly back at the Speedway when I spotted the price of Diesel at $2.379 a gallon. That is the cheapest price we’ve seen in a long while and with our tank needing to be refilled the truck just seemed to park itself next to a pump. 

Today’s forecasted temperature in Phoenix was supposed to be 72 F (22 C) but we were getting strong winds out of the west. Arriving back Home it didn’t take long for us to change into warmer clothes so we could attend the RV Show. We looked around the Merchants Tents only picking up some supplies we were running low on at reasonable prices. We also looked around a number of RVs thinking about if we were no longer Fulltiming but we don’t see that happening for a long time. 
By the time that we walked back Home we were nearly froze. Turning on our computers for the first time today I wasn’t shocked to see the temperature was only 61 F (16 C) with winds gusting to 28 MPH. We were soon scrambling to close the windows that we had opened not too long before. 

Last night after posting our Blog it occurred to me that we didn’t give our site location other than the Phoenix International Speedway. When I sat down to get caught up on my Online reading it really hit home that I should have, especially when I opened Bill and Jan RVing in the USA and found out that they were also parked here at the Good Sam RV Rally. Jan however wasn’t as forgetful as we were and listed their site as L#58 

While Kathy rested and warmed up I took a short walk to see if Bill and Jan might be home. Arriving at L#58 I stood by the road while there was a group enjoying Happy Hour. Jan saw me and waved me over and asked if they could help me. My response was “That since we follow one another’s blogs, It’s about time we meet.” There had been a number of things that had come up in recent months causing us not to meet before today. After brief introductions with everyone there I learned that there will soon be another Blogger in the group as they begin their travels to Alaska this coming year. We plan on meeting again when there is less wind or we’ll get together with them at the Escapade in Tucson. Would you believe I left home without the camera so I had to borrow this picture from Bill and Jan’s blog of Jan and I. Feel free to visit their blog to see how their day went through any of the Links.
Jan Mains and Myself.
Back Home Kathy was just waking from a Snap because of walking in the blowing wind really tired her out. We talked of my visit before, during and after supper and she is looking forward to meeting them as well. 

With cooler temperatures but less wind forecasted for tomorrow who knows what we’ll be up to. By the way we are parked at C#39. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

You Might Be a Redneck If

Any of your family traditions are felonies.

1 comment:

  1. It is great that you give blood regularly. I do to and know how important it is to someone.

    Seems like there are a steady stream of new bloggers, but unfortunately there are those who pass away. Great to meet new people you've known through blogging.

    ReplyDelete