It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Good Start Then Murphy Arrived.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Things were really getting back to normal this morning. After a good night’s sleep I was up just before 7:00 and by the time I had the blinds open and everything ready to make breakfast Kathy was not that far behind me. Since the temperature was only sitting at the freezing mark this morning we busied ourselves on the computers before I gathered things to go to the trailer. Shortly after lunch I retrieved a few more of my tools from the trunk of the car before heading out. 

Kathy was going over to our daughter Karen’s for a short visit while I went to the trailer. She actually had a short visit with Karen, Greg, Tyler and Sanford before she had to leave. Karen was going out with her friend Sandy in an attempt to get some of her Christmas Shopping done. With only 26 days until Christmas day she thought that it would be a good idea to start getting ready. When Kathy returned to the apartment she started baking cookies and cupcakes to have on hand for a few desserts. 

When we left the apartment heading in different directions I suddenly realized that the remote gate opener to the storage yard was in the car so I also ended up driving over to Karen’s house to retrieve it. Nobody knew that I was outside and as soon as I had gotten the remote I headed for the storage yard. 

My goal was to get the bracket that I had made to hold our pinbox level mounted and to replace a floodlight that I had attached to the rear bumper as a reverse light. The temperature was supposed to be comfortable but as soon as I arrived at the trailer the wind started blowing making it bitterly cold. I started at the pinbox but for some reason I couldn’t find the nut-driver attachment for my drill. Looking where it should have been and all my other tool boxes it just wasn’t there. So I backed the truck as close to the trailer to see which light wasn’t working. Imagine my surprise when they were both working. 

I went back to the apartment to check the toolbox we have there with no luck. I ended up stopping at Princess Auto to replace my missing tool before returning to the trailer. Finally ready to work on the pinbox using the drill and our power inverter. Every time I used the drill was a gamble whether or not the inverter would trip out. To drive four self-drilling/tapping screws took about twelve attempts. One screw only went half way in and the last one snapped off. The bracket will not fall off but when the wind started carrying rain with it I chose to wait until we are in Florida to fix the problem. What should have been an easy job Murphy has made into a pain but we’ll survive. 

Tomorrow we have plans that won’t involve the trailer but that doesn’t mean we’re not getting ready to leave. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've made more marriage proposals than business proposals.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Murphy was at his best again, stay warm and focus on your impending departure to warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete