It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Accomplishments and Excitement.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

We were both surprised that we slept so well last night and woke up at a very reasonable hour. The reason we were surprised was that we had plans on a number of things that we needed to accomplish today. Normally that would be the same as a travel day for us which would mean little to no sleep at all. I opened my eyes just before 7:00 but when I heard the wind whistling past our closed window I just thought “What’s the rush?” But ten minutes later my back said it was time so up I got. Kathy wasn’t far behind me and we’d finished reading on the computers by 9:00 and shortly after we were on the road. 

Last year was a year that we’d rather forget because of damages to the trailer because of the blowouts. To fix the problem we invested in four new tires for the trailer and four new tires for the truck and were told the front tires were still good for another three thousand miles. Today we headed back to Benson Tires on Howard to have the last two tires on the truck replaced after putting another ten thousand miles on them. Since I had called last week to set up an appointment for today the tires were already waiting for us. By the time we had the paperwork completed the old tires had already been removed. The technician checked the rear tires which reminded me the Ford dealership had lowered the pressure below what they should be. Twenty minutes later all the tires were the pressure they should be and we were on our way. 

Our next stop was at Border City Steel to pick up metal for another trailer project. I went inside to pay and since I didn’t need a receipt I saved five dollars. When I went in the shop I was offered more material than what I asked for because there were short pieces leftover from another job. Gee I wonder what I can make from the extra metal? I’ll think of something! 

We were back at the apartment shortly after 10:30 so I immediately got started sorting the laundry. There were others doing their wash as well but I had no problems washing or drying the clothes today. Our daughter Karen came over for a short visit and to photocopy some insurance forms for her doctor. After she left I started the Weber Q on the balcony so that I could slow roast a nice chicken for supper. Since the temperature was only 55 F (13 C) with 20 mph (30 kmh) it took over an hour and a half for it to be done to perfection. I see many more meals coming from that chicken. 

It was shortly after 8:00 this evening when we were headed to the New Belle River Arena to watch our grandson Tyler’s hockey team play. The game started at 9:00 and was a very well matched game with plenty of shots on both nets but towards the end both teams were making mistakes and being penalized for them. Finally in the third period Tyler’s team pulled ahead with a one point lead that would prove to give them the win. 

Back home we started making plans for what we have to accomplish tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Handsome is as handsome does.

1 comment:

  1. That seems like a pretty late game for kids to be up on a school night but I guess that is the way it goes now a days.

    ReplyDelete