It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Bad News and Another Gift of Life.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Once again I was up at 7:00 this morning and had everything ready for breakfast as well as finished all my morning reading on the computers before Kathy got up at 8:00. She said she had trouble falling asleep last night so of course she slept later this morning. 

Before 9:00 this morning our friend Vera called to talk to Kathy. She had good news and bad that she had to tell Kathy. The good news was that she and Bill would be dropping off some freshly made Hungarian Hulka that we enjoy eating on occasion. The bad news was that Bill’s brother Alex was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer and Bill was taking it very hard. The strange part is that Alex never smoked a day in his life. The family is in our thoughts and prayers. 

Since I didn’t get around to exercising for the last four days I decided I had to do it this morning because I wouldn’t be able to for the next couple of days. I managed to get a good workout in where I also increased my reps and sets to help hold me over. Vera called again just before 10:00 telling us she’d be here in ten minutes. Kathy met Vera and Bill downstairs but they were on the way to the hospital and didn’t have time to come in to visit. After my shower we had an early lunch. 

Kathy needed to go to Sears to buy new dress pants and since she always feels like she is imposing on me when I go with her and she rushes I suggested I’d drop her off and pick her up after my appointment. This was a great suggestion for her so she didn’t have to rush. 

My appointment was again with the Canadian Blood Services where every eight weeks I donate blood. There were a fair amount of people that were also there to make donations but truly not enough to match the need for the blood that is and will be needed throughout the holiday season. They were blaming it on the Black Friday Sales that were going on all over the city. Everyone there that knows Kathy and I travel wished us safe travels and said they’d see me again in the spring. My plans are to continue my blood donations while we are away this winter. 

Kathy and I had made arrangements where to meet inside the mall when I returned. She didn’t see me come in so I caught up to her and whispered from behind that somebody took our bench. She was impressed at my timing. 

We went over to the food court to each have a coffee and a small Cinnamon bun for a snack. While we were talking and people watching we were surprise when our friend Sheryl stopped by for a brief visit. She is doing better now that she has moved but is still adjusting to life without Ernie. Ernie and I served our apprenticeships together but unfortunately passed just before we got home in April after losing a battle with Stomach Cancer. We made arrangements to visit when we get back in town next spring. 

Our area will be having a warmer but rainy day on Sunday and even though we have dinner plans I’m hoping to get some work done on the trailer because in four weeks-time we’ll be on the road heading south for the winter. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Gain $ and Weight Working from Your Desk

A CareerBuilder survey found that 44 percent of workers report having gained weight while at their current jobs. It lists reasons that make sense: stress and sitting at a desk nearly all day.

Liz. Wolgermuth, U.S. News and World Report

2 comments:

  1. We are so sorry to read about Bill's brother. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your continuing donations to the Cnd. Blood Services Soon, they will be measuring your donations by the 45 gallon drum!! Hi to Kathy too!!

    ReplyDelete