It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Double Back Day of Accomplishments.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

After laying in bed staring at the ceiling from before 5:00 in the morning my back definitely told me it was time to get up and start moving around by 7:00. I just started getting things ready for breakfast and gathered things to go to the trailer when somewhere before 8:00 Kathy joined me and we started reviewing our activities for the day. 

The Weather Channel was showing a warm Humidex in the mid 90’s this afternoon so we made the choice to get to the trailer as quickly as possible while the temps were low. We arrived at the Guardian Storage Yard before 9:30 ready to get everything that could spoil if it froze during the cold weather before we left to go south out of the trailer. Forty-five minutes later the back seat of the truck was packed to the point of nearly touching the ceiling with things such as food stocks from the pantry, toiletries, our traveling printer and RV cleaning products that were stored in the basement. 

Back at the apartment Kathy and I worked together to go through everything that we brought from the trailer. We catalogued everything so we’ll be certain we bring full containers and transferred some food stocks to be used in the apartment and replaced with fresh from home for when we head south after Christmas. 

I also took things from the outdoor kitchen for the purpose of trying on our Weber Q that we bought in Jackson, Florida on April 7th of this year. The other night when I tried to use it the gas just would not get to the burner so I took it apart thinking I’d find a spider in the burner as they are bad this year in our area but the burner was clean. I brought home a small torch people use to fix leaks in their plumbing. After lunch I made certain the torch worked then I tried it on the adapter hose to the twenty pound propane tank and it again worked. I then tried the 14.2 ounce propane bottle direct to the regulator/valve assembly but it would not work telling me that our five month old Weber Q has a faulty controller. 

We received a call from our daughter Karen who had gone to a public laundromat because her washing machine has bit the biscuit and when she got there it was closed up. She asked Kathy to look in the phone book to tell her where the nearest one was. No problem she let her fingers do the walking and Karen was happily on her way to another laundromat. 

About then I realized that we had forgotten to get the Weber’s Owners Guide from the trailer when we were there this morning so off we went again. It took seconds to get the book from in our manual storage spot in the trailer so after waiting for an extra-long train to finally clear the service road we made another stop. We stopped at the laundromat that we’d given Karen the address to and had a brief visit with her. 

After that visit we did some store walking at the Tecumseh Mall for exercise and to pick a few supplies we needed at the Dollar Store. Before heading home we also stopped at McDonald’s and we each enjoyed their Sweet Chili Wrap for supper. Before we arrived home we finally got the rain showers that had been predicted for today. 
Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautifully clear day with cooler temperatures so here’s hoping we’ll be into something exciting. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          


On a very hot day, a man decided to sunbathe naked in his secluded back garden.

"I wonder,' he said to his wife, "what the neighbors would say if they could see me."

His wife replied, "They'd probably say that I must have married you for your money."

1 comment:

  1. When our Weber was a couple months old the regulator was faulty, it would not go more than a very tiny flame. So I called them up and was sent a new regulator under warranty.
    I have since learned to wait at least 15 minutes after hooking up the propane before attempting to light it, now still working fine almost 4 years later.