It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Making Progress

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

We headed out the door early this morning with our day well planned. First stop was at Canadian Tire to pick up a Potable Water Storage Container. After a few minutes we were on our way for hair cuts at Fantastic Sams. We had to get all spiffed up for this coming weekend.

Now the next stop was at the Guardian Storage yard where we store our trailer. First we stopped at the back of the office to fill our Water Container at the outside faucet (they allow this). Then we headed for our trailer because today had been planned for awhile. Once inside I set about changing into my working clothes while Kathy set up our picnic lunch for us to enjoy as our first meal in the trailer this year. As she said as we had lunch this felt like home eating in the trailer.

I had made two vertical battery racks to install in the front of the trailer because we will be adding more batteries soon and adding Solar panels at a later date. Once I cleaned out one side of the front storage box I had to put a rack in place & mark where to drill the holes. Two of the holes had to be tapped as well before I could start the assembly.

While I was busy outside Kathy had stored all the things that we had bought for the inside of the trailer. She even had time to read some of the book she had brought along until that was interupted by the occassional involuntary closing of her eyes.

Shortly after 4:00 my back was telling me that I had been twisting myself into positions that I haven't been in awhile so it was time to close up for the day. After putting things away I changed my clothes again and we headed over to Wendy's for supper.

Being that it was Wednesday evening it was our weekly visit with Kevin and Melissa where we had our usual enjoyable visit talking about everything from smart phones, bluetooth, dental visits and our downsizing from our house to our apartment.

We're not sure when we'll get back to the trailer because of all the unexpected errands that keep popping up. All I know is that Summer is now only 77 days away making it 60 days until Kathy and I are back on the road. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time. 

Krackers

Angry man: "I'll teach you to throw stones at my greenhouse."

Little boy: "I wish you would, I keep missing it."

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like making sure you're all prepared to go when the time comes.

    Nice job on that battery stand - great idea for saving space and very efficient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like being prepared to leave when the time comes.

    Great job on that battery stand too! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete