It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, April 6, 2012

Busy Tiring Day

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

The sun was already brightly shining when we got up at 8:00am this morning but with the frost on the cars we knew it was cool. After having breakfast and reviewing our plans for the day we checked out the late night early morning blogs. By 11:00 Kathy had already started making the desserts for Sunday's Easter celebration.
With the first batch of goodies in the oven we had an early lunch so that I was out the door and on my way to the trailer by noon. With a list of things I wanted to accomplish today I started installing the second battery rack before starting inside. This is where everything slowed to a crawl. The drive motor for the landing pads were larger then I had allowed.

Solution was to notch out the frame to clear the motor. Problem was with no torch or cutting wheel to use it had to be done by hand. Out came the hacksaw and file and for the next hour and a half I no longer felt the cold weather as a matter of fact I felt very warm and tired as it had been a while since I did that much metal cutting by hand.
Once that was completed and everything fit the way it should I still had to drill and fasten it all in place. Another day of being a contortionist. By the time that was finished and everything stowed away in the front of the trailer it was time to head home for supper. Kathy had completed all the small desserts for Sunday plus allowing for samplers to be tested with supper.

After watching the 6:00 news Kathy decided to watch her favourite mystery series and I came to read todays blogs on the computer but I had another problem. With all the fresh air I had while working at the trailer I couldn't keep my eyes open or focus on the screen and ended up taking a half hour nap.

Tomorrow Kathy has more baking to do for Sunday and I'll try getting more completed on the trailer because we are now only 58 days away from leaving on our first outing this year which means it is only 75 days to the start of Summer. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.
Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Wizard: ACHOOO! I feel horrible.

Blanche: If you're that sick,

why don't you stay home today?

Wizard: And waste a perfectly good sick day?


Wizard of Id

2 comments:

  1. Rick, sounds like a busy day doing manual labor. By the way down here naps are siestas and they are mandatory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Easter Desserts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete