It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Cold Wind, Warm Sun, Another Birds Eye View and Finally Meeting A Former Blogger.


Our Location today is La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

After having to set the Alarm yesterday to be certain we would not miss our appointment Kathy had me promise to let her sleep in before we went to bed last night. After all the Fresh Air that we had at Happy Hour in the afternoon I just figured I might sleep a little later myself. Both those statements ended up coming true. The first because Kathy needs to have more sleep than I do and the second because I needed to make up for the time I spent awake looking at the ceiling throughout the night. Anyone that has Sleep Apnea knows that Insomnia is a Side Effect that just pops up unexpectedly and there is nothing you can do about it. 
It was nearly 9:00 MST when we finally got out of bed with Kathy feeling refreshed and I could have rolled over and gone back to sleep but I don’t want to waste the Sunshine. Getting up that late also meant that it was nearly impossible to get Online after we had eaten breakfast. I had received another E-mail from George telling me our Outside Security Light was still on again. George is an early riser and since his RV faces the rear of our trailer that light shines right into his Dining Room Window. Thank You again George. When Jayco made our trailer, they didn’t put Indicator Switches on the Security Lights. At night we shut our Lights, Pump and Heater off to Conserve the Batteries but with no Indicator on those Switches they sometimes get missed 
Kathy managed to get dressed before me this morning and was working in the kitchen while I was making the bed when there was a knock on our door. Our Canadian Friend Bill had his Drone out and wanted to know if we wanted our pictures taken in front of our trailer with a Birds Eye View. It didn’t take me long at getting dressed while Bill was showing Kathy how his Drone worked. Once again Thank You Bill we appreciate you taking the time to do that for us. 
While Bill was busy taking the pictures a Yellow Side by Side ATV pulled up with a woman I had seen drive by before. After Bill headed back to his trailer the woman started out by apologizing for not knowing who we were and introduced herself as Sue. Back in December we had stopped in to visit with Nan Talley and her husband John who was parked directly behind our Friends George and Suzie. I remembered commenting words of encouragement to Nan on her blog Confessions of the RV Loving Fiber Artist when John suddenly took seriously ill just as they were prepping to become Fulltime RVers. The day we went to visit Nan and Sue were about to leave as we arrived so after they left we had a pleasant visit with John who has mostly recovered from his illness. There was no need to apologize because we had never really met so how could she have known us. Our only contact in the past had been through Comments but sometimes those Comments make a world of difference to someone trying to get a handle on life. 

I also used to leave comments on Sue’s blog Just BS! (Bob and Sue). Sue and her husband Bob were from Michigan and were in the process of becoming Fulltimers when Bob suffered a Major Stroke. Not only did I encourage Sue but suggested minor exercises that did help Bob regain some lost mobility. One of our last Correspondents was that someday we’d get a chance to meet and that came true today. 

Eventually both these couples ended up meeting and have become the best of friends. They are also parked within two hundred feet of one another here at La Posa South. We talked for a while but do plan on visiting again when the temperatures warm up before we leave the area. 
Kathy made some Chicken Wraps and Salads for our lunch with a Blackberry Yogurt for dessert today. We don’t take a lunch with us when we have appointments and we can’t always eat Healthy. With lunches like today it is a great way to get back on track. 

Today a Cold North Wind made it difficult for us to be outside but I had to. Our Fresh Water Supply was running low and when I tried to use the Onboard Pump to syphon the water into the tank it wouldn’t work like it had in the past. What I had to do was set-up our New Water Pump that we recently purchased to actually pump the water into the trailer but I couldn’t do it on the backside of the trailer because of the Cold Wind. I repositioned the truck in front of the trailer in the warm Sun where the trailer blocked the Wind. Working off the tailgate I mounted the pump with a switch on a board. Then I had an issue with a gear clamp that would not tighten until I repositioned it. Now we can transfer water to the trailer much easier and have our spare pump for the trailer as well. 

Happy Hour was held at Bill and Patsy’s trailer today where George and Suzie were sharing some of the information they had gotten about Quartzsite when they had visited the Quartzsite Museum which is located next to Silly Al’s on Main Street 
Bill and Patsy have a Humming Bird Feeder mounted on their trailer and we were being entertained by as many as three Humming Birds at a time. Kathy managed to get a few pictures of them but forgot to take any pictures of anyone else there. 
Everyone was enjoying the visit until the Sun started to sink lower causing the temperatures to plunge. That was the signal for everyone to head home to make supper. By the time we got back Home we both had a Chill that we couldn’t shake the rest of the night. 
While Kathy got things ready to make supper I took our Fresh Water Barrel over and filled it up. When I used our new Transfer Pump it took a fraction of the time that Syphoning the water would have taken. 
For supper Kathy made Pancakes. The Carbs helped to warm us up a bit. Tomorrow I have a list of things Kathy wants me to do inside the trailer to continue making it our Home. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Ask a silly question 

So, what's the speed of dark?

3 comments:

  1. I moved over to Vail, South of Tucson. It's colder here than in Q. Kathy makes some great looking meals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time I come back to have a read. I actually have a few posts to catch up, its been that long. I love the drone photo and those hummingbirds! I wish we had them in Australia. It the weather has been terribly hot well up near and over 100 degrees! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete