It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Doing What’s Needed And Back On The Bike.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

After all the fresh air we were exposed to at the party last evening it was no wonder that we both slept like a couple of rocks last night. When we finally woke just after 8:00 this morning we were much more comfortable then yesterday because we didn’t seem to have as much dampness in the air. After our usual breakfast and computer chores it was time to get things started outside. By 11:00 the temperature was already past 63 F (17 C) and the wind had shifted from the north to the west making a big difference on the way we felt. Kathy had her chores that she wanted to get done inside and I had mine to do outside so after an early lunch we got busy.
Last week when we hauled the eaves trough I used the electrically controlled sliding rear window in the cab of the truck to bring it Home. We ordered our truck new in 2009 and have only used that window about a dozen times for similar purposes. When I went to close the window after getting back at the trailer I heard a snapping sound and saw drive cables above the rear wall panel hanging limply. The first thing I did today was to fold down the rear seat and remove the wall panel to check out the problem. The track the window slides in appears to be made of plastic and the metal clip built into it at one end has broken off. Instead of getting into something I am unfamiliar with I’ll purchase a maintenance manual for the truck where I can see what the part should actually look like and possibly fix it. If I can’t repair that piece we might have to replace the entire rear window assembly.

After that bit of disappointment I started cleaning the patio and picnic table of bird droppings as well as taking the time to water our freshly seeded grass. Next our little shed had become disorganized with things we brought from the storage unknit as well as from the basement of the trailer. As I was doing one chore it would dawn on me of another that needed doing. While the shed was mostly empty I used expandable spray foam to fill in openings along the roof line to stop unwanted insects from making nests or hives inside.

Once the shed was reorganized and repacked I turned my attention to removing our Tandem Bicycle from the rear of the trailer. The last time we used it was in North Carolina and we have truly missed riding it. I was also surprised at how scratched it had gotten by simply being transported on the back of the trailer. I see another project being added to my list. After cleaning it off with a damp cloth and lubricating the chains we were ready to put it to use. I didn’t have to twist Kathy’s arm to go for a ride. We drove down every street in the park and everyone that saw us waved or had some kind of smart remark to make. Even children in the Transient section were standing in awe as we rode by. It felt good to be back on the bike.
Another Full Moon tonight but earlier.
Kathy was cleaning out of the freezer and took out a lone Pork Chop and a lone Chicken Breast that she had me grill for supper. She also made a wonderful salad to go with it. Just around the time I sat down to write this blog we could hear fireworks going off nearby. Tomorrow will be the last day of the long weekend here in Canada so we’ll be seeing lots of RVs heading back home and the park will once again be quiet. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time. 

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If 

You've ever winked at a jury.

2 comments:

  1. You should be able to Google the back window repair for your truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. George took my comment. There are lot's of videos that you could watch on the repair.

    ReplyDelete