It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Fast Drying Heat.

Our Location today is Sugar Loaf Key, Florida, USA.

I guess all the exercising I did yesterday truly paid off. I slept like a rock and didn’t hear a thing until just before 7:30 this morning. The rooster was back on the job and was letting everyone know the sun had made its daily debut. When I got up and headed to the back room I heard footsteps not far behind me indicating that Kathy had also gotten out of bed. Before I could return to the kitchen I was hearing the frying pan being laid on the stove. Kathy was in the mood for something different for breakfast so we had bacon and eggs. While she did the frying I made the toasts and coffees. 
Kathy wore her hat in the pool so she wouldn't burn so much.
We did take time to do our morning reading on the computers before going out for the morning. No we weren’t taking the truck or the bicycles we were going to the swimming pool. Last year we only made it to the pool once while at home in our apartment and this is the first time this winter. We didn’t plan to stay too long but first we started talking with our neighbors Jim and Becky from across the road. When they left we were about to get out when we started talking with a couple from Alpena Michigan. Vic and Debbie compared how much snow there was back home thanks to the internet and their grandkids still back home sending the pictures. 

Since we don’t sunbathe we didn’t stay in the pool too long knowing just how much more the Florida sun can burn your skin than back home. Back at the trailer after changing out of our swimsuits I checked the computer for the temperature. The actual temperature was only 82 F (28 C) with clear skies but it was already feeling like a 100 F (38 C) by 10:00 this morning. Glad we didn’t stay too long. We then used our bumper mounted clothesline to hang our swimsuits on and placed Kathy’s swimshoes on the tonal cover of the truck. By the time Kathy called me for lunch everything was totally dry. The sun had cooked the moisture out of the clothes. 
This is a fishing rod holder.
While in Fort Myers last month I had purchase some stackable organizing containers from Harbor Freight for the assorted hardware I carry. The reason was the organizer that I have is two sided and because it needs to be transported flat somehow moisture has gotten into the bottom side of the organizer causing lots of metal fasteners to rust. After lunch I started going through that organizer out on the picnic table getting rid of the rusted fasteners and putting the good fasteners in the new containers. Because of the high heat and the amount of sorting I have to do I didn’t get that chore done today. 

For supper Kathy made a wonderful garden salad to go with the sausages I grilled on the Weber. Tomorrow we have a luncheon engagement so we’ll let you know how that goes. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

All you get on your TV is the sound.

1 comment: